“Good price”

Bobby's Colorado Steakhouse
Ranked #62 of 377 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant was closed, but just reopened in 2012 under new ownership.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went for lunch. I loved the interior. I felt like I was in a log cabin. The selection for lunch was limited, but the food was very good. Waitress was attentive and did not rush me.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

I do not know how long Bobby’s Colorado Steakhouse has been in Bloomington, but I’m guessing it was a premier place back ‘in the day’ and still has a following by loyal customers. Those loyal customers may be older than the college crowd, but Bobby’s continue to serve them.

When I pulled into the large parking lot, I was a little confused as to the entrance. Turns out there are more than one. I’d parking in the rear and walked right by the bar entrance and went around to the deck entrance. Anyway, I found my way to the receptionist and requested a seat. The decor was rustic old west, with lots of exposed wood and the area I was seated had a fireplace in the center, but this June… I liked it.

I currently live on the east coast and good seafood is plentiful, but when in Indiana, I want red meat. I’d come for a steak and the usual cuts were offered. Having had a quite late lunch and knowing I’d likely eat too much of the good food during my business trip, I chose a quite small sirloin steak, a side of vegetables & salad bar.

The salad bar had plenty of choses. I’ve seen larger, but this was properly sized for a smaller Monday evening crowd. Nothing is worse than too many items going to waste at the end of the evening. This salad bar was just right. The steak was cooked to order and quite good; enough without pushing my limits. There will be more dinners ahead this week in this town.

As I exited, I noticed the bar in the rear and used it as a shortcut back to my car. Had I found it sooner and they offered one of my favorites, I may have had a later dinner or eaten at the bar. Like, that has never happened before – NOT!

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Just after graduation Bloomington is a zoo. We had made a reservation and that was all ready to go. Staff were very pleasant. The salad bar is entirely functional if nothing to get really excited about, although any time there are warm holes on the salad bar that must get extra marks. The food was fine for a mid range family diner. I wouldn't classify it as a steakhouse however. With limited options and great proximity to the ceremony it met our needs without being in any way inspiring.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

This restaurant is the sorriest fable of a steak restaurant I have visited in many years.
3 of us dined. We all ordered surf and turf, recommended by the waiter.
None of the steaks were cooked properly; The baked potatoes were
cold...The surf was 5 shrimp, breaded and were cold...
Do not waste your time..Go to Steak and Shake and save the money.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Great prices, variety, quality, service, atmosphere, location, parking... What's not to like -- nothing?! It was our first experience and we'll return soon. Serves and seats everything from casual to fine in its several dining room alternatives -- the central gas fireplace was especially pleasant on a very cold evening. And NO obnoxious music as with all the chains.