“Sad ending to what was a great restaurant ”

Bobby's Colorado Steakhouse
Ranked #60 of 377 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant was closed, but just reopened in 2012 under new ownership.
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Decided to visit with a friend on a Friday evening because Bobby's has a large patio and it was a beautiful day. We had margaritas. Unfortunately they were made with a very poor mix. We also ordered a fried zucchini appetizer. The zucchini was covered in a very thick batter. Once we took that off the zucchini wasn't so bad. We decided, based on the drinks and appetizer, we wouldn't try the food. Also the deck was covered in dog hair. Gross! I wouldn't recommend.

2  Thank kilhill

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I had a very enjoyable evening meal at this restaurant. The waiter was very friendly and attentive and helpful in ordering. My wine by the glass was very inexpensive. Although it is called a steakhouse and I had a delicious steak, it has many other offerings. The bananas foster pie was unique and wonderful. I would have licked the plate if I had been at home.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We frequently dine here where you will find good quality food and fine service. The soup and salad bar is extensive and you can make yourself a healthy meal from its contents alone. My favorite dish is the Surf and Turf special with pasta marinara.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I had relatives in from out of town who wanted to enjoy outdoor seating on a beautiful summer evening. We were the only occupied table on the deck which was nice but we were a little grossed out by the profuse amount of dog hair all over the deck. We had appetizers and margaritas. The drinks were obviously from a cheap mix so no one had seconds. The appetizers were okay. Hadn't been to the Colorado in years and was disappointed. We used to love that place. Unfortunately no one really wanted to eat there so we left early. Could have been a great place to spend the evening but we went in search of dinner options. No need to eat less than great food when in Bloomington.

1  Thank kilhill
Reviewed 10 July 2017

11AM - 3PM every Sunday. $2.50 Mimosas. Best salad bar in town. Bacon cooked the way you like. Biscuits and gravy like grandma. Prime Rib and Ham at the carving station. Omelet station. Incredible dessert station. Fantastic. Amazing. $13.50 - they must have a casino in the back and the brunch is just a front. Don't miss out.

2  Thank Robert W