“Good Sunday Brunch Buffet”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bobby's Colorado Steakhouse
Ranked #73 of 361 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant was closed, but just reopened in 2012 under new ownership.
Reviewed July 23, 2017

I ate here last year and it was great. After reading some poor reviews last night I decided to see for myself. The Sunday brunch buffet was very good. Breakfast options included scrambled eggs, sausage, French toast, biscuits, real home made sausage gravy, thick cut bacon, and a made to order omelette bar. Salad bar is also well stocked including potato salad, pasta salad, chicken salad, and pickled herring. Buffet included beef tips in brown gravy, scalloped potatoes, fried chicken, potato cakes, and a cut to order ham and prime rib bar. Everything I ate was very good except the potato cakes which seemed too dry to me. Fried chicken was heavily breaded but tender and tasty. Desert bar had a variety of cakes, pies, and home made cobbler and bread pudding. Buffet is $13.50 without a drink and about $17 including drink and tax. It's not Golden Corral or some other giant buffet but I much prefer a smaller buffet with good food over a large selection of mediocre food. I'll be back next time I'm in town but probably on a week night so I can order off the menu again...

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We frequently dine here where you will find good quality food and fine service. The soup and salad bar is extensive and you can make yourself a healthy meal from its contents alone. My favorite dish is the Surf and Turf special with pasta marinara.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

I had relatives in from out of town who wanted to enjoy outdoor seating on a beautiful summer evening. We were the only occupied table on the deck which was nice but we were a little grossed out by the profuse amount of dog hair all over the deck. We had appetizers and margaritas. The drinks were obviously from a cheap mix so no one had seconds. The appetizers were okay. Hadn't been to the Colorado in years and was disappointed. We used to love that place. Unfortunately no one really wanted to eat there so we left early. Could have been a great place to spend the evening but we went in search of dinner options. No need to eat less than great food when in Bloomington.

1  Thank kilhill
Reviewed July 10, 2017

11AM - 3PM every Sunday. $2.50 Mimosas. Best salad bar in town. Bacon cooked the way you like. Biscuits and gravy like grandma. Prime Rib and Ham at the carving station. Omelet station. Incredible dessert station. Fantastic. Amazing. $13.50 - they must have a casino in the back and the brunch is just a front. Don't miss out.

1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

I got a 6 oz filet probably more like 4 oz. no flavor at all. Salad bar just very average. Just one visit for me.

1  Thank Xjarhead92