“The Moose is Loose!”

The Chocolate Moose
Ranked #1 of 16 Dessert in Bloomington
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is a great way to end your visit to Bloomington or a nice place to take the kids after dinner. We have been to both the old location and the new one so many times. We love, love, love the flavors and the prices here. Cannot recommend enough. Please come support one of Bloomington's oldest, best, and coolest mom-and-pop places.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast here and really enjoyed it! Simple yet delicious and very friendly staff. Recommend all the items on the menu especially the shakes :)

Reviewed 14 October 2017

I spent decades going to the Chocolate Moose in its old parking lot hut location on S. walnut St. I was dismayed to find that great old building and great old EXPERIENCE is gone. In its place is a soulless new restaurant....actually it's now turned into a Bloomington and Nashville, IN chain.

I tried to order a coffee chocolate chip Blizz at the new location. This has always consisted of vanilla soft serve blended with coffee flavored syrup with chocolate hard-shell coating blended in to act as the chocolate chips. This creation was always topped with a little vanilla soft serve. It was heavenly.

When I tried to explain this to the woman behind the register, she had no idea what I was talking about. She explained it was her third day on the job but she did not ask any of the other employees for help or advice.

I received a cup of coffee ice cream (hard ice cream, not soft serve) with mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top. This was IN NO WAY a Blizz!

No one asked how it was. The staff was busy talking with each other and really did not seem to care.

The hard ice cream was terrible. Gummy texture and barely any coffee flavor.

The coffee chocolate chip Blizz was so unique to the Chocokate Moose. I can't believe they stopped training their staff on how to make one!

I've been a loyal customer since 1991. I will not be going back.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

This place is just good. Yummy ice cream at maybe just a little above average price, but it was totally worth at least stopping there once. Our only problem was that it didn't seem to retain it's shape very long and melted very quickly (and I'm pretty sure I could set a record for how quickly I can eat ice cream).

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Couldn't wait to try the ice cream from The Chocolate Moose.
I put it in my GPS, and drive around and around..... I called and the phone doesn't work, so either the address is either wrong, or the store is demolished!!!