“Christmas present from my son”

Scholar's Inn Gourmet Cafe & Wine Bar
Ranked #32 of 377 Restaurants in Bloomington
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Scholars Inn Cafe & Wine Bar
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Let me say first off that my granddaughter, Hannah is one of the managers. Trust me this did not effect my review, really. Our waitress was a little red head, sorry I can't remember her name but she as very attentive. The food was very good and well plated. The decor was nice and consistent for a nice experience. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

A few blocks off of the downtown square. Cozy and casual. Decent service, nice menu, good food. Order a few small plates to share or that to be your entree. Normal entree sized meals as well. Fish, steak, pasta, shrimp, scallop... likely something for everyone. Full bar.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The Scholar's Inn has returned to the original owners, Lyle and Kerry Feigenbaum. However, neither was in sight during our return visit. The absence shows. Although the service was near-perfect, the menu is very eclectic, several menu items were not available, and those (of course) were the ones we favored. In addition, there was no greeter when we arrived, so I had to round up someone. We will wait for another try until the owners are back in residence.

1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Was described as prime fillet beef tips with fettuccini and a gorgonzola sauce with the same crumbles on top and arugula. Putting it mildly would be that it was a gooey bitter flavored glob with over cooked beef and a pile of arugula on top. A food critic would have pushed the dish aside or returned it to the kitchen. I didn't complain as it was what was described but not even close to it's potential. A great idea gone wrong! I am sure the chef either didn't look at or taste the mess he/she made! Have had good experience and food there in the past but this was so disappointing.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed dinning here. It has a great atmosphere for a romantic dinner. We started with small plates, goat cheese, corn salad and lamb bites...they were all outstanding but the lamb bites were the best...they have a great selection of wine, bubbles and of course food..service was spot on..the only suggestion would be the menu print size on the small plate appetizers was really small print and with dim lighting it was a little difficult to read. Which is unfortunate because they have quite a lovely selection.