“Enjoyable Visit.”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Very welcoming on arrival and the food and drinks came to the table in good time. Great service with excellent food, and plenty of it too. Highly recommend the Salmon if you like your fish dishes. For desert I had the mini egg cheesecake, which was delicious. Friendly atmosphere all round, will definitely be visiting the Jolly Farmer, Manston again!

peter w, General Manager at Jolly Farmer, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your kind review..we are constantly striving to improve our service.we look forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Having both worked all day my wife and I decided we would walk the dog across the fields to the Jolly for a drink and a bite to eat (we live about 20 minutes or so away). On arrival we were made to feel welcome, as always, and had a couple of drinks before ordering food. The food was duly served and proved to be of good quality and is reasonably priced. My Liver & Bacon was particularly tasty. The pub has a good atmosphere and an improving regular trade. We wish the new owner continued success and look forward to visiting again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I contacted the restaurant prior to our reservation as I’m coeliac and wanted to make sure I would be catered for. I was assured I would be. Gluten free options clearly labelled on the menu but no gf starters or puddings
We then asked a waiter are there any gf deserts? He went and asked the kitchen, came back and said no. We then asked a waitress a bit later as there was a meringue on the specials bored... she told us yes. I was excited but now a bit unsure of their confidence. I had to see proof so the poor waitress took a picture of the ingredients on the box! Wait staff were lovely and my mushroom stroganoff was tasty but I won’t be recommending to the gluten free community as they clearly need more training. (My family had two overcooked steaks too )

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Went to the Jolly Farmer for a family meal. When we arrived we were greeted by smiling staff who seemed genuinely pleased to see us. We were shown our table and when settled, had the daily specials explained to us, we ordered drinks which duly arrived whilst looking through the menu. We weren't rushed to order and when we were ready a friendly waitress took our orders. The atmosphere in both the restaurant and bar was really nice and relaxing. Our meals came in good time. My sirloin steak was cooked to perfection and well presented, with the other meals being served looking and tasting excellent too.

We managed to save room for desserts and were shown and good choice to choose from. These arrived promptly and were really nicely presented and tasty.

If anyone hasn't been to the Jolly Farmer before I thoroughly recommend a visit (or two) as we will be going again.

peter w, General Manager at Jolly Farmer, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Hello Howard
Thank you for your kind review.we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t been here for a long time and as we needed to be local we came here for lunch, big mistake.. the waitress did say there was a 10-15 minute wait for meals but that would have been ok had it been that, sadly we waited and waited, over half an hour, for ham eggs and chips and ploughman’s....my ham was bitty and tasteless and the poached eggs overdone, my partners ‘ploughmans’ was a huge piece of cheddar and two slices of packet brown bread with a very sad looking salad, for the price it was very poor, we paid and left, late to get to a 3 o’clock appointment, a horrible wait and a rushed lunch which wasn’t good...

peter w, General Manager at Jolly Farmer, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review.I can only apologise that you felt that your meal was not up to standard.Having checked with the staff on duty it would appear that there was a longer than expected delay in getting your meal to you.where the comment on the food are concerned we always find it better if these are addressed at the time so that they can be resolved.the ploughmans was served to order and the only problem I can see is that it was served with brown sliced bread instead of white crusty bread..there was a new chef on duty and he has been advised on this.where the poached egg is concerned I have spoken to the kitchen staff that it was checked before it left the kitchen and that it was soft.if this was not the case then,As said before,it would of better been addressed when the waitress checked back.again..I can only apologise if it was not to your liking.if the delay was going to cause you being late for an appointment,again we could of addressed this if it had been mentioned.We aim to please all our customers and deliver the expected standard of service..we are soon to relaunch with a new menu and I along with my team do hope you visit us again to try it