“Just a lot of food.”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #47 of 153 Restaurants in Tinley Park
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

I recently stopped by to grab some late breakfast. The last time I ate at this location was about 15 years ago. I'll start by saying the staff was very pleasant and generally efficient (although the waitress never came back to see if I wanted a 2nd cup of coffee).

I tried their Holiday Breakfast Sample. A BIG PILE OF FOOD - But no flavor. Some credit is due since they still have the best cheesy potatoes around. And, you really can't hurt a fried egg too badly. The other tried and true items are grits & fried apples.

I recommend you stay away from the biscuits and gravy. The gravy was the color and consistency of paste (For the younger crowd- think Elmer's Glue but thicker - and Elmer's tastes better!) and I couldn't find any sausage in it.

As far as the meat part of the sampler-
Ham was dry, bacon undercooked and sausage patty more like a small hockey puck. The other "special" items is a cinnamon biscuit. All I can say is...Cinnabon has no worries.

Overall filling but disappointing. Probably won't be back for another 15 yrs.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Slow and pitiful. I'm going to stop coming here. I call in my order and they say it will be ready in 15 to 20 minutes. 40 minutes later nothing. If you want to waste time spend it in the lobby here. Don't know what the problem is with to go orders but this is ridiculous. Wish they had never closed in Matteson. These slow folks could learn a thing from the crew that was exclusively in Matheson.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

After the hostess seated me, I sat at my table for 15 minutes and waited for someone to come by ... with water, with an apology, with something. Everyone working there left me alone, so I left. I used to like coming here for pancakes for breakfast or chicken and dumplings for dinner. I guess it's time to look for a different place to eat ... one with better service.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Every time I run into a Cracker Barrel, I definitely want to visit. Unfortunately there are not any near where I live, but when I go visit family in Chicago, I try to go eat here. They offer so many different dishes and all are like eating at home. Everything is delicious there. I've never had a bad or so so meal. And I also love that they have a gift shop with lots of great gifts and house items.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped at a nearby Hampton Inn and walked over for dinner. As usual, the Cracker Barrel offers nice menu of home style dinners. We had been driving all day and the simple basic assortment of food items was just what we needed.

I had the roast beef dinner and my wife had a salad and a cup of vegetable beef soup. Both just hit the spot after along day on the road.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the Tinley Park area.