“Don't get the cake!”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #36 of 119 Restaurants in Normal
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While the entrees were good, the same can't be said of the chocolate cake. The dough was over mixed as seen by the craters and holes. It was also very dry an unappetizing.

Also the wait time was much longer than in other Portillo's locations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was below average, the wait for the food was ridiculously long and we were severely disappointed with the portions. Only good part of this place is the price. But I would not go back

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was only my second visit to a Portillo's, and I do need to try a hot dog someday, but for this one I stuck to their great Italian Beef sandwich, with sweet peppers and onions. So delicious. And their fries are superb as well. Food was ready for pickup in just 2-3 minutes. Friendly order taker helped us get the best meals at the best price, and made us smile as well.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

A friend and myself suggested we eat here on a weeknight.A little busy.a small wait.But most all the food was cold.All the sandwichs,beef and burgers.Only the fries were hot.My order was wrong.We will eat there a lot less,if ever.Too many other choices.Its now worth the price at this point.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I have been to Portillo’s in Chicago area several times and I have always been happy with the food and service. I stood in line for 45 minutes and in the 45 minutes I came to realize the people serving the food behind the counter are not capable of reading. At least 50-70% of the people served before me had to return due to incorrect orders. They called my number I checked my order and they were missing 2 sandwiches out of 4. They took all my entire order and remade everything. They then forgot my order till I walked up and asked. I sat at a table and again the Oder was incorrect and my Italian sausage and beef combo hardly had any Italian beef. Another sandwich was lacking Italian beef and cheddar. I am more impressed with Tasties in Decatur than this particular restaurant. They also need to find employees that no how to read the orders.

1  Thank Chad S