“Good authentic German food”

Chef Klaus Country Cookin
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Mokena
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

This place has excellent, authentic German food. But if you're going there for anything else I would reconsider a. Their menu is limited to just German food and a few other items. I found the prices to be somewhat high but maybe that is normal for German food. They used to serve a lot of other dishes other than schnitzel's and sausages. And they do offer a few other items now but it is limited. I biggest disappointment was that they do not give free refills on pop. They charge for every single glass which gets pretty expensive if you're there for any amount of time period the places very very busy because it is a highly German area. It is advisable to get reservations.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for breakfast on our way through town in September 2017. The place was absolutely packed, which usually is a great sign. The hostess was extremely friendly and chatted with us while we waited for a table.

The tables are really packed together, which could be a turn off for some. It does make it a little noisy with all the people stuffed in a smaller area.

Our server was friendly and attentive, ensuring we always had full coffee mugs and refills.

The food portions were VERY large, which might be great for some! I got the Benedict Florentine and my husband enjoyed the bisquits and gravy. I included photos of how huge the plates were with food! The taste was decent, though not as flavorful as other places. The Hollindase sauce was a little bland.

We enjoyed our breakfast and do recommend others to try it out.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We have been to Chef Klaus' other restaurant and enjoyed the food. One of us ordered the Jaeger Schnitzel and the other ordered the Weiner schnitzel.

Both came with 2 sides. I chose the red cabbage and German potato salad and my friend choose the red cabbage and mashed potatoes. The red cabbage was very vinegary and tart. The German potato salad was less vinegary. We believe the mashed potatoes were real potatoes. I just thought I had a little too much gravy on my Jaeger schnitzel and it was a little tough. The prices are certainly reasonable. I was a little disappointed in the Apple strudel, but my friend liked it. That's why I need to go back again and order something else to know whether this place is for me when I'm out in Tinley Park.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We celebrated our wedding anniversary at our favorite German restaurant. As usual everything was excellent.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

If you like Chef Klaus' Bier Stube, you won't be disappointed in the cafe. There are some traditional German items on the menu, but it is more than that. The breakfast is really outstanding. This is an attractive place, with a warm and friendly staff, and lots of locals eating with friends and family.