“Love their tamales! ”

Add it.
Isitro's Tamales and Taqueria
Ranked #21 of 68 Restaurants in Kankakee
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

It would be easy to drive by this little restaurant and not know that you just missed out on one of the best dining experiences in Kankakee county. My family has ordered tamales from Isitros for years and they are fantastic!

Reviewed 8 November 2016

My husband and I decided to try Isitro's for some tacos...I ordered a Pastor taco and a fish taco - my husband ordered 2 fish tacos. We both had sides of rice and beans. So, so disappointed!!! The tortillas were soggy, the pork was dry, the fish (which I could smell immediately!) was all chopped up like crumbly I-don't-know-what.... The rice was just OK and the beans....they were liquified (my husband wondered if it was a sauce). We had heard this was the place to go for authentic Mexican food - not in my book! We were in Mexico in June - NEVER had food like this!!!!

Reviewed 25 December 2015

Awesome tacos, burritos and award winning tamales. Very small, just 3 tables and about 8 perimeter counter chairs. Best for take out. I recommend the "Spicy Al-Pastor" tacos, served with cheese, onions and cilantro. For a real treat ask if they have any of the grilled jalapeños and sebolitas (spring onions) on the side. There is no alcohol at all so I was suprise to see the "pub" label on the food types. If you ask, they might let yo byob.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We're originally from Houston, so we understand what good Mexican food is all about, especially the tamales. All of the food was made to order, nice and hot and we got exactly what we ordered. The sauces and salsas are awesome and the chips are great. The ONLY drawback for some could be how truly authentic it is. If you're used to white meat chicken breast shredded in a taco, then this may not be for you. They're serving up white & dark meat chicken, cow's tongue, cow's stomach, etc... It can be a little hardcore if you're not into true authentic Mexican food with some connective tissue in your taco!

Reviewed 13 March 2015

This is a little hole in the wall shop with only half a dozen tables and no ambiance to speak of, but the food is worth it! We got a dozen assorted tamales for $9, which I think is a great deal! They were maybe a little heavier on the masa than I would make them, but that made them very filling. They have the tamales all made up, and you can get them heated there, or heat them at home. I also got an order of the nachos, which were tasty and the burrito and torta were large and had great flavor.

3  Thank MN_NightRN