“you will love history”

Reviewed May 3, 2015

It makes u love history. The place is p well preserved, youll see old tiles from Spanish era. The main door fascinated me. A good stop over if ur heading somewhere around Laguna.

Reviewed April 18, 2015

Kudos to Nagcarlan for taking good care of this historical site. Built in 1845. The underground crypt was exclusive for the Spanish friars and elite families then. This was also the place used by the Katipuneros for their secret meetings. Worth the visit as this is the only underground cementery in the Philippines.

Reviewed November 13, 2014

The Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery is located in the historic town of Nagcarlan, Province of Laguna which is part of the CALABARZON Region IV-A.

The Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery is a national historical landmark and was an exclusive burial ground for Spanish priests and members of the elite class. It is the only subterranean cemetery in the Philippines. When I was a kid I remember watching a number of movies of the late Fernando Poe Jr., "The King of Philippine Movies" filmed in this location

1  Thank pinoytraveller2
Reviewed October 6, 2014

we drove here from Lucban, Quezon for our churches Pilgrimage of Laguna. It was indeed a no regret visit. The caretaker was always around the historic chapel where you'll learn a bit about the past and history. Once you enter the underground chamber you'll feel the creepiness and the cold sweat in you. I took a video from my iPod touch camera and something appeared on the screen. An orbs float around us as I keep recording. That gave us the chill but nonetheless, we prayed for the souls for peace.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The last person was burried in this cemetery in 1974.

If you want a quick stop for a bit of history and a few pictures, this is a good place to do so. Park across in the gas station ( Shell if I remember correctly). Just give the station staff a tip, about Php 20 or $0.50.

When we went there a rowdy group was ahead of us. I hated how they forgot where they were and had no respect for the dead. The chapel was small so any sound was heard well through out the underground cemetery and these people where shouting. Argh.

I read through the names on the grave and absorbed the structures authenticity. Very peaceful place.