“Best Chinese food in the area”
Review of Sesame Inn

Sesame Inn
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

The food here is excellent. The menu features a variety of authentic Chinese dishes at a reasonable price. This restaurant has the best orange chicken I have ever tasted in my life. My wife and 3 kids agree. Service is fast and friendly. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

I have been going to this sushi restaurant for years and I have no complaints. It's usually moderately busy so there's rarely a wait for a table. The Chinese food and sushi are both tasty and I've never had to send food back.

The waitstaff may not look like the friendliest because you rarely catch them smiling but the orders are always correct and the food is always to my standards. I'd much rather have that over waiters that are constantly smiling and apologizing for wrong orders and bad food so I guess it's whatever your priorities are.

Only knock on this restaurant is that although the alcoholic beverages aren't bad, they're a little to sweet for my taste and I never taste much liquor in them at all. I've found this to be true for most Chinese food and Japanese cuisine restaurants.

However, I would definitely recommend this restaurant as I am usually there about once a month.

Hope this review helps someone. Happy eating!

Reviewed 7 March 2015

Have been going to Sesame Inn for years - good food - egg drop soup excellent. Their dishes are much better than Chi-Tung - ever since Chi-Tung moved to Kedzie the quality of food went down.
I saw one person complaining about no egg roll nor soup - not true -comes with your lunch special it pays to read the menu!

Reviewed 25 November 2014

Have I ever had better Chinese and Thai food? Of course. Is this place always reliable: decent food, great service, great price, YES. I've eaten food from this restaurant, both take-out and dining in, for over twenty years, and I've never had a thing to complain about. NEVER. Oh, OK, once when it was 15 below outside, the teapot seemed to cool quickly. Duh. And the alternative to this nearby, for Chinese food, is a very crowded, loud, and more expensive place. So let's be thankful for little blessings.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have been there on three separate occasions to give it the benefit of doubt; and I have not had a good meal each time. Service was slow, food way to salty or bitter depending on what you order.