Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews fire pit walnut hill maple oak hickory hollow rim rock camp chairs cozy cabin thought of everything southern illinois perfect getaway front porch relaxing weekend minute drive spent nights worked great air conditioning great place to stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So much fun! Beautiful view, beautiful cabin, and so many amenities. Staff was very helpful even after closing. We were a couple travelling with 2 kids and it was a wonderful stay! We travelled about 7 hours on our way home with a 5 year old and a 1 year old, both ready to be out of the car. We reserved a cabin about 3 hours before we were expected to arrive there to give us all a break for the night. The office was going to be closed for check in by the time we arrived. I called to let them know and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. She made it possible for us to still check in even at such a late hour. We were very grateful for the accommodations they made. Quiet area, even with all the other cabins being full. Great family atmosphere and so many things to do at the property! Walked in to the cabin and they had dishes and cooking supplies too!It was really a nice relief to walk in and feel so comfortable after the journey. The kids loved it too and we all slept like babies! The only thing we had to be mindful of was the staircase and the upstairs. With our 1 year old, the railings upstairs and on the stairs were spaced enough for him to fall through. But in all honesty, we watch our kids closely so not a huge deal for us! ABSOLUTELY will stay here again!! It was EXCELLENT!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2020

Can’t say enough good things about Timber Ridge. This was our second year staying a week in the Walnut Hill house. It is isolated from any other rental with plenty of privacy. The views from the porch are awesome all day long. The house was spotless and they even coordinated the cleaners schedule for an early check in. The house is within walking distance to the Shawnee Forest land for hiking or hunting. Mrs Elizabeth is always very accommodating and easy to plan with. They will have our business every year!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Rustymac10
Reviewed 13 November 2020

Our two night visit was the last stop on our covid roadtrip. We stayed in the Cottonwood Cabin - which has one queen in the loft and a futon on the mail level. It's a small space but well planned. Everything we needed was there and the condition of the place was perfect. The area is somewhat remote - we had cows across the street and a catfish pond and horse stables just up the hill. Our kids (6 & 9) loved running around and playing tetherball. It was quiet as could be, except for us. We had easy access to Rim Rock, High Knob, Garden of the Gods, and a short drive to Cave in Rock.
I cannot agree more (and wish I had taken this seriously) that THERE ARE NO CLOSEBY OPTIONS FOR FOOD OR DRINK. There is the Outpost, which has basics, ice cream, and a few snacks. The Gap bar has packaged US beer for take away. Other than that - the nearest store was 30 minutes away. Highly suggest you come with everything you need - especially if you have specific taste in wine, snacks, etc.
The owners are incredibly nice and were available to us for anything we needed.
Hope to visit again - with friends staying at the neighboring treehouses

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 5 November 2020

Windy, rainy day when we arrived a little before 3:00, so of course we could do nothing except go to the treehouse. Walked in and there were a hundred or more flies inside the treehouse. A flyswatter was left on the table so, they must of known there was a problem? As we sat there we noticed several roaches crawling on the wall and across the floor. We were in the middle of Covid and were assured extra cleaning and sanitation measures were being exercised, but the bedding and extra blankets did not seem clean. I did take my own blanket to use on the bed. When we did go to bed, I turned the bed down to make sure we were not going to be sleeping with bugs. Soon after in bed I noticed a roach crawling on my blanket toward my head! I jumped up and did not find the roach until in the morning dead in bed with us! All night long the wind blew moving the treehouse at times. A large branch is built into the roof and next to the queen size bed in the loft and it creaked so loud all night that no one got any sleep up in the loft or downstairs. We were up the next morning by 5:00 a.m. and on the road by 5:50 a.m. headed home. We had made reservations for two consecutive nights but, there was no way we could stay another night. I called the owners and told them in a voicemail we had evacuated and would not be staying another night. I asked them to please give us some kind of compensation if they could. I did explain our encounters and concerns and guess what, I have heard nothing from them. I feel like that is a very poor way of running a business that is suppose to be in such high demand. The idea of the treehouse is a really neat idea, but really, should we pay to sleep with flies and roaches along with that noisy tree branch rubbing the roof or whatever? I am just amazed that all the reviews we read were all positive. Not one other family had the encounters that we dealt with? Would definitely not recommend this treehouse!

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank soupis56
Reviewed 8 October 2020

Our family stayed in the Sassafras Lodge last weekend and it was amazing! We had a group of 6 and it was just perfect. The campground was super fun for the kids. They loved the hammock and games at the pavilion (tetherball, anyone?). So much to do in a short drive as well. It was perfect for exploring during the day and then coming back to a nice fire and cozy cabin at night. We are def going back!

Date of stay: October 2020