“Ribs were tough. Owner's daughter managing the place needs more training on how to keep customers coming back.”

East Port Galley Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #15 of 125 Restaurants in East Peoria
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Don't go there!!!! My husband ordered a 1/2 rack of ribs. They were tough so he talked with the manager (the owner's daughter we were told). She took them back and offered him something else. He ordered a cheeseburger. We get the bill and the ribs were still a charge on there for $17.95. He asked to speak to the manager again stating why should he pay for the ribs when he didn't eat them. So she took the ribs off but then charged him separately for his salad and baked potato that he ate which came with the ribs. She also charged him with the cheeseburger. The cheeseburger would come with a side anyway. Not good customer service in trying to please a customer. Other places handle situations better to keep customers coming back. When we spoke to her as we were leaving, she says "you ate the baked potato and salad, so I charged you for them." This is a local restaurant we will not be going to again. The waitress was great and very busy and she apologized. Our advice is to go somewhere else!!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (55)

Reviewed 20 August 2020 via mobile

The waitress was very busy and did her best. She was friendly and pretty fast. The food wasn't very good. Sorry to say we probably won't try it again.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 18 April 2020 via mobile

With the virus I’ve been trying to get dinners to go supporting my local eateries and small businesses I’ve had pretty good luck but my whole cat fish dinner from East Port Galley was pathetic the salad was Wilted The cat fish was undercooked the bread was nasty the baked potato was good There is no reason on this earth to give somebody a wilted brown salad when you pay $17 for dinner if you don’t have salad just say we don’t have salad but they ripped me off and it ticked me off if they treat people like this they don’t deserve to be in business I’m sorry but I don’t like to throw away $17

Date of visit: April 2020
2  Thank Gsc52
Reviewed 10 February 2020

Stopped in for lunch. Several lunch choices for under $6. They have corn fritters too. Pricey ( we got 5 big ones for $8) All was good, nice atmosphere. Will return.

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank R6762PGstevec
Reviewed 8 July 2019 via mobile

Came here with my family. Everyone loved the Food. Service was great. Clean Place. Plenty of parking. Enjoyed.

Date of visit: July 2019