Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$233
Sofitel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
US$468
US$425
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Omni Chicago Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$197
US$228
US$188
US$181
US$162
  • Room Service
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$195
  • Bar/Lounge
US$537
US$450
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$199
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Chicago River North(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$249
Westin.com
US$144
US$139
  • Fitness center
1,321 results
All reviewsclark divisionaveda productsquiet neighborhoodgreat neighborhoodwithin walking distancelincoln parkbars and restaurantsrooms are smallsitting areachicago downtownking bedhotel is in a great locationmichigan avenueparking garagepublic transportationthe loopmag mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed many many times at this Indigo previously and have really enjoyed my previous stays. That being said, this time the experience was well below the previous stays. I reserved a room with a fireplace for a pleasant evening with my wife on her birthday only to find out that due to the remodeling, (which was not disclosed on the website, only at check in), the fireplace was not functioning. There were exposed electrical wires in the bathroom, chalking in shower was open exposing a large crack between the tiles, and this in a newly remodeled room. The fitness center was not open, again not disclosed on the web site. There was a floor dryer going in the hallway which appeared to be trying to dry up moisture. The water pressure in the shower was nonexistent. I don’t think I’ve seen such a short toilet anywhere except in an elementary school. A gentleman walked into the room without knocking and when he saw us just went about his business putting away towels without apology, (I see from previous reviews that this not the first time). As for the new room décor, it is very bland and depressing, no color at all, which is very disappointing, and again is not what is described on their web site. I’ve seen much more color in much cheaper hotels. The coffee maker was in the closet. The chair in the room was not comfortable for sitting any length of time. The only PROS about this stay was the staff at check in were very pleasant to deal with and the bed was comfortable. In conclusion, don’t go by the pictures on the web site and don’t go by what the web site states about amenities because they are not accurate.

Room Tip: Beware, photos on website are not reflective of what you get.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maverickbiomed
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello maverickbiomed,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am sorry to read about your disappointment and that our property fell below your expectations in many aspects. IHG cares about your experience and I realize no words can change your feelings of disappointment, or the inconveniences you experienced. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel management need to find a way to notify customers that the hotel is undergoing renovations, so we can make an informed choice. Really dissapointing stay for this long Easter week-end with the family. We stayed 3 nights and it wasn’t cheap. I could have stay at other hotel for cheaper, but we liked this hotel (husband stayed here twice before) and the neighborhood. I booked king suite with breakfast. The room is nice and spacious. But it failed on the hotel experience on all the other points. The breakfast doesn’t even have proteins. They could at least put breakfast on a renovated floor, but no you walk through construction to get to the breakfast room. The fitness center is closed also.
I am sure it will be great again when renovations is completed, but extremely dissapointed, when I travel with my family the hotel experience is part of it, but it failed here. I wish we knew to skip the hotel this time around and come back when the renovations are completed.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Hi Sophie M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are happy to know that you liked our location. On the other hand, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by the ongoing renovations during your visit. What you described certainly is not what we want our guests to have. Please know the details of your experience have been shared with the management team to ensure similar situations can be avoided.

Joel A

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel Indigo Chicago downtown Gold Coast needs to let people know that their hotel is under renovation! They're false advertising on their site to give you this beautiful picture and then you get there and it looks nothing like the pictures. We checked out and went to another hotel..

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
4  Thank Rachel C
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Rachel C,

Thank you for posting a review of our property and for staying at our hotel. It is our goal to deliver the most genuine hospitality to all our guests.

However, I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the service you received from us, particularly the communication about the renovation. As a frequent traveler, I would also expect necessary announcements before I decide to book a hotel as this is crucial in determining my travel plans. I am sorry you were not informed beforehand. We consistently strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests and in line with this, I have sent you a private message to ask more information about your reservation.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for staying. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

I don’t know what to rate this hotel. What I enjoyed: location is fantastic, room is spacious and quiet, friendly staff, very reasonable rate. The negatives: a small point but I tired all the plugs and USB ports and only one worked with my charger. There are three of us trying to use one port for phones and other devices.

Biggest downside: this hotel is undergoing a renovation. Restaurant is closed, 2nd floor amenities (including fitness center) not available, it’s loud and dirty, all of the charm is lost. My first day here we didn’t have running water from 11-3! I booked directly with IHG and feel strongly that I should have been notified of the renovation and offered a chance to switch.

My advice is to book here after the renovation is complete.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank rkap
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the miscommunication about our current renovations. It is important to us that all the amenities you expect are still available. We do have breakfast still available, the spa on the second floor is still open with only a small change in services, and we have arranged for discounted day passes at a local gym for guests who wish to work out. If these are not sufficient substitutes, we are happy to work with you to provide a satisfactory experience while we improve our product. We thank you again for your comments and hope that you will consider returning to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Excellent location in the heart of the Old Town neighborhood, and easy access by subway or walking to the city center. My room was quiet and spacious.

As has been discussed the hotel is under renovation so the lobby is very small and the fitness center is closed. The lack of a fitness center is not disclosed on their website, which I found misleading and quite frustrating since a workout is important to my travel routine and well being.

The hotel made things right after I escalated my concerns, but save yourself the hassle and check with the property in advance if an amenity matters to you.

Overall a bit of a letdown but may give this hotel another try post renovation as long as I can confirm the fitness center is available.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank dsc815
Eric P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2018

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback. We certainly understand your concern about the fitness center and apologize that it was not communicated more clearly up front. We would love to have you back following the completion of our renovation which will include an updated fitness center!