3,716 results
All reviews trader joe's across the street loft suite media room great location filtered water boutique hotel turn down service bath products mini bar wet bar michigan avenue street noise magnificent mile bed was very comfortable mag mile river north the windy city
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our room was clean with a beautiful view. We were located in a perfect spot to walk to food and entertainment. Lobby was modern and inviting. Service was spot on, all of our needs were met with a smile! Will go here again.

Stayed: August 2018
MilosD266, Manager at The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Kerry G,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm very happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay and had everything you needed.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first time in Chicago in thirty years and my husband's first time ever, so we wanted to get a hotel close to everything. I picked The James because I liked the location and the boutique feel. When we arrived, I was given a glass of red wine while I waited to check in. The check in process was smooth and efficient and all of the staff over the weekend were amazing. Very nice and extremely helpful. Our room had a large flat screen tv with premium channels and the bathrobes were heavenly. The price we paid was comparable to all of the other hotels on the Magnificent Mile and worth every penny. We will absolutely only stay at The James on our future, hopefully frequent trips to Chicago. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear didischoe,
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to see that you loved our hotel and our staff was amazing. We are very happy to be your hotel of choice for your future visits to Chicago.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed during a convention. No real changes since my last visit two years ago. I love the location, and the small unique shaped rooms are fine if you are solo. Would be difficult for two in my opinion. Enjoy the modern feel and look except for the flat bottomed sink in the bathroom which is stupid.
Unfortunately the on site restaurant is horribly slow for breakfast, especially since it is so overpriced as well.
Front desk personnel were better trained two years ago. This time they couldn’t find reservation even though I had number until they conferred with others.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business

Dear spw91,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the issues you have experienced. In a couple of months we will have a major renovation and on your future visit hotel should have a different look.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with a couple of friends. We go to Chicago quite often and have stayed at a lot of hotels. This would have to be at the top of the list. The price is reasonable for being near the Magnificent Mile, the hotel is very clean, the staff is nice and helpful. Couldn't ask for anything more in Chicago.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Mary B,
Thank you for your review. It is always great to see that your experience puts us on the top of your lists for the Chicago hotels. Our priority is to provide everything we can for our guests and it looks like you had everything here!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend of football, sightseeing and eating. The Pros: location, a block off Michigan Ave; the staff, very friendly; free coffee/muffins in the morning and wine from 4-5 pm; and a comfy bed. The Cons: the rooms are small (at least ours was) with the bathroom right off the bedroom with a sliding door so little privacy; one drawer and a half-size bar for hanging clothes (not sure what you do if you have a dress to hang); no comfy place to sit except on the bed; no counter space in the bathroom (so ok for guys but not for women with a makeup bag, hair stuff etc.). I think if you opted for a larger room/suite, it would be more comfortable.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends

Dear KatieGMillCreekWA,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to see that there were many pros and most importantly you were happy with our service. The cons will be addressed in our upcoming renovation with our new product.