“Chain that's Good!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed 25 August 2015

I usually stay away from chain restaurants, but I love the people and food quality at this Outback! The fact that it was in my hotel was a great feature, and I'm glad I went in. The ribs were tangy and meaty, and the drinks were perfectly made. I'll go back anytime!

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Great food and great service. We visited on a recommendation and glad we did as the steak with unlimited shrimp was wonderful. Steaks cooked to perfection. My husband is allergic to garlic so the waitress made a sauce for him without garlic and ensured everything was garlic free. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

A restaurant with diverse menu choices (I had salmon) and efficient service. But, nothing stood out as exceptional. It was nice to walk to dinner as opposed to a cab ride elsewhere. Overall, a convenient dining option that will offer an average dining experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Quick service and great food and drinks. Great atmosphere, but drinks are expensive. This restaurant is attached to the Springhill Suites O'Hare.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

We actually started to go to Outback for the steaks, but after going over the menu, we deviated a bit from our original intent. This Outback is located on Higgins Rd., between Canfield Ave. and Cumberland Ave.(First Ave.) It is relatively easy access off of the Kennedy Expressway at Cumberland. Though the parking lot is a bit peculiar, there does seem to be plenty of available parking. The staff was very friendly and one of the nice things that I have found is that the staff seems to work as a team, so nothing is ever sitting waiting for your particular server to pick it up and bring it to the table. We started off with the bloomin' petals, which is a smaller version of the bloomin' onion. Though the bloomin' onion is great, it seems that if two people are eating that, your appetite is pretty much gone by the time your entrees arrive. The dark bread that is brought to the table was warm and tasty, though I so wish that the butter/margarine would be easier to spread. For entrees we ordered the pork porterhouse with the side caesar salad and an order of their new steakhouse mac and cheese. The pork was done right and the mac and cheese was tasty and not watery which is a definite plus in my book. For my entree, I chose an appetizer - seared peppered ahi, which is sashimi-style tuna seared rare and placed atop an Asian slaw. It is served with creamy ginger-soy sauce. The portion was the perfect size and the tuna was excellent and fresh. With the tuna appetizer, I also ordered a loaded mashed potato side. We tried a new dessert which they were offering - a warmed sugar cookie served in a skillet with caramel & toffee and topped with ice cream. It was quite tasty. Our server, Jamie S., was very personable and attentive and I would certainly recommend this Outback to you.

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!