“Yummm! A must stop while in Chicago!”

Garrett Popcorn Shops
Ranked #10 of 454 Quick Bites in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Description: Since 1949, Garrett Popcorn Shops has been the home of the original Chicago-style popcorn. Fans and popcorn lovers from around the world line up outside our shops for our irresistible cheddar cheese and caramel popcorn mix. Our menu also includes plain, buttery, cheese, caramel, cashew, almond, pecan, macadamia, and seasonal flavors. Dedicated to preserving our secret family recipes, we only use high-quality, local ingredients to create our delicious popcorn in old-fashioned copper kettles. Made fresh daily in small batches, our gourmet popcorn is gluten free, preservative free, and full of delicious flavors. Stop by our shops to try our famous treats or order your popcorn tins online. Join our mailing list and follow us on social media to be the first to know the latest news and promotions.
Reviewed 17 December 2019

Fast and friendly service, even when they are busy! This is a must stop when in Chicago. I love the Chicago mix of cheddar and caramel!

1  Thank AimIrv
Write a reviewReviews (3,093)

Reviewed 13 December 2019 via mobile

There could be nothing special about Popcorn, that is what I initially thought. Well these popcorn are yummy. I dont know how but they are good. I tried the buttery and caramel flavour. They are quite a snack I must, crunchier and neatly packed. As the title says your Chicago trip is not over without having Garrets popcorn. That is what I exactly did and I was not disappointed.

1  Thank Sachin M
Reviewed 11 December 2019

When visiting the area, I was told by anyone who has been here, that I had to stop and get Garrett's popcorn. They have a few different flavors but the Chicago way is definitely mixing the cheese and the caramel together, so delicious!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 7 December 2019

There is always a line so we were not surprised. About 20 min outside but also another 20 min inside. 2 things slowed down the pace. Customers were taking over 5 min at the register to decide what they wanted which makes no sense since you have so much time in line to make your decision. But I also noticed that the older woman running the register was extremely SLOW! Finally a man named Jerry came out and things started moving even though he was the only one at the register. When the line waiting for the popcorn got too long, he stopped and began bagging popcorn. The line would be much shorter if that store had more employees like him. What an asset!

Reviewed 5 December 2019

We stop every time we are in Chicago. The Chicago mix is the best with the caramel and nut a close second. It is a must every time we are in Chicago. They are also great gift to give this time of year. You can also order online.

2  Thank bmwdiscman