Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful and Excellent River Experience

My husband and I loved this tour! We did it our first night in Chicago and we learned so much... read more

Reviewed October 23, 2023
Erin B
New York City, New York
EXCITING!

We really enjoyed ourselves! It was a scary experience at first but Dana was really attentive and... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2023
genesis b

Recommended experiences in and around Chicago
from ₱3,361.58
from ₱1,660.33
from ₱2,609.10
from ₱3,184.28
More Info
All reviews chicago river kayak tour kayaking experience historic tour rent kayaks vantage point chicago history great guide awesome experience super fun the river walk visiting chicago kayakers paddling boats beginners city
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

This was a fun and different way to learn about the city! A little hard to hear when our guide was sharing historical background at times, but had a blast and recommend for first timers who want a short historical background on the Chicago river and buildings.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Really fun way to see Chicago!Employees were great. I called a few days ahead of time with some questions and the girl was extremely helpful . Only negative were the bathrooms which were actually porta potties, not very clean.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

I have been on this tour twice. The first time I think we had a little bit more information and it seemed more organized. It is a great way for you to try kayaking if you are unsure how to navigate the river with the larger boats. It's very safe and I think the tandem is a great option for most people trying it for the first time. I will say I am not 100% sure the "stories" told on the tour are completely accurate. We were intrigued by one of the stories and tried to read more about it once we returned home, and no one in family could find any information on the internet?

Reviewed August 20, 2018

I had a wonderful time kayaking on the Chicago river. This was my first time doing so and it was so easy! I would recommend every to, as it is a relaxing activity and not super physical. Our guide seemed to be having a rough day (and was assisting another group with an issue) so there was not much of a 'tour' aspect. I do not blame the tour guide. Just many distractions. BUT! I made the most of it. Make sure to kayak underneath the huge fountain!

Reviewed August 17, 2018

I practically dragged my family of 6 on the kayak tour of Chicago and two days later they are still thanking me. We had a blast. It was a great way to see our City from a different perspective. This trip is perfect for tourists and locals. We have all kayaked before but honestly no experience is necessary. Connor, our guide, kept it fun and interesting. I cannot recommend Connor and Urban Kayaks enough!!

2  Thank Karenx4