“Outstanding Food, Top Notch Service”

Roka Akor | Chicago
Reserve with OpenTable
Roka Akor | Chicago is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 10,951 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: River North
Cross street: Illinois Ave
Transit: Red Line – exit at Grand, one block north to Illinois #22 Bus –exit at Grand (if coming from the North), exit at Hubbard (if coming from the South)…walk ½ block west #36 Bus—exit at Illinois (walk 1 ½ blocks west) #147 Bus—exit at Illinois (walk ½ block east)
Description: Roka Akor is the second location a highly regarded Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Japanese steakhouse and sushi bar, ranked among Bon Appetit magazine's top 10 sushi restaurants in the country in 2009. Meats, fish and vegetables are grilled over oak charcoal on a robata-style grill. Sit at the sushi bar to chat with the chefs as the slice and assemble sashimi platters and maki with fish that's flown in daily. Besides sizzling steaks and contemporary sushi served the dining room, a bar area features shochu and sake cocktails.
Reviewed 2 February 2019 via mobile

Came here on a Friday even business supper with 2 other associates. We were seated and served quickly at a great table. We never had to ask for anything.

The best thing about the service, though was our server. She clearly knew her stuff, and clearly knew what was good. She was so good we just told her to start bringing us food on her recommendation.

What followed was an extraordinary 6 course flight of sushi, sashimi, and Kobe beef. It was hands down the best sushi I have ever had. It was hands down the best sake I've ever had, and absolutely some of the most best dessert selections I have ever had.

Overall, one of my favorite meals I have ever eaten and I will recommend this place to everyone for an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 30 January 2019 via mobile

We celebrated an anniversary at Roka in January. It’s a really nice modern Japanese steakhouse and sushi restaurant. We went on a Saturday evening and luckily we made a reservation well in advance because the place was packed. Our servers name was Pauley, he was great and answered all our questions and had good recommendations. We had my wife and I as well as two teenage daughters and we enjoyed a lot of Sushi as well as the Ribeye, and Yuzo Miso Black Cod. One dish that we decided to try but had no idea it would be so good was the Mushroom Rice hot pot, I could have just had a few of those and a drink and would have been happy. The Blood orange margaritas were ok but I wouldn’t order them again. Looking forward to dropping in and trying some different dishes next time. We had a lot of food and a few drinks and the bill came to $180 without the tip, it’s not cheap but the food was great. See the receipt picture for all the food we had and the prices.

1  Thank The_Lankan
Reviewed 20 January 2019 via mobile

Awesome!!
Delicious food, great service! The restaurant is super cool, the thing that bothered me was the “smell”, we arrived at home with our jackets and hair were smelling the food (thats why i am not giving 5 stars)... a little bit expensive but overall everything was good, we will back for sure!

Reviewed 9 January 2019 via mobile

Roka Akor has a restaurant with open and modern ambiance. We ordered dumplings, sushi, a steak and grilled fish. Everything was prepared beautifully. Very colorful. Our wait staff was attentive. Very relaxed dinner. Our cocktails were unique and great. I had a special one with mango flavoring. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 23 December 2018

We have ate at many high end Restaurants in Chicago and I got to Say Roka is one of the Best. The Atmosphere is Electric, the Food is very Edgy, Creative and Delicious ! The servers are some of the friendliest and most attentive servers in the Chicago Area. You must try Roka !

Date of visit: December 2018