All reviews rooftop pool the gold coast check in was fast and easy amazing hotel large shower lake view junior suite front desk manager floor to ceiling windows soaking tub hotel guests highly recommend this hotel stayed one night comfortable beds excellent stay the location is perfect walking distance
Reviewed 19 May 2018

Great new hotel in a perfect location. Nice guest room sizes and large bathrooms. Great dining and bar in the hotel and plenty options within walking distance. Very welcoming staff and great service from valet, check in/out, room service. I will be back!

1  Thank dianeparker2018
ViceroyGMTK, General Manager at Viceroy Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear dianeparker2018,

Thank you for staying with us at Viceroy Chicago and for this very complimentary review. We look forward to your return, hopefully soon! Please do let me know if I can ever be of service to you.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Stayed at the Viceroy Chicago one night this week and I was immediately impressed by the friendliness, professionalism and the attentiveness of the staff! Always a smile and always trying to be helpful...everyone from the front desk staff to the valet, the day manager who was in the lobby to the concierge, the housekeeping staff and the driver of the hotel's Tesla The hotel is beautiful and everything is perfect. Also So nice to have the roof top bar/pool and its beautiful views. There is a reason this hotel is #1 on TripAdvisor after only being open less than a year and I think it should stay there based on my experience. Somehow they have gotten some of the best and brightest from other hotels to join their team and it shows in their attitudes! I travel almost weekly for business and this is the first hotel that I felt compelled to write a review for!

1  Thank Jeff S

Dear Jeff S,

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for these great comments and we are proud to be the first hotel you felt strongly enough to write a review for. I especially appreciate the compliments on our staff as they work very hard to make sure each guest's stay is exceptional. We do hope you have the opportunity to return soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2018

The Viceroy Hotel is absolutely beautiful and is ideally located within walking distance to many attractions. I hosted a business meeting there and received rave reviews from our customers and business partners. Hope to come back very soon!

1  Thank Jody502

Dear Jody502,

We appreciate you hosting your meeting with us and I am happy to hear you and your guests had a great experience! Thank you for taking time to share these wonderful compliments. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

New hotel that is luxury in every sense. Great location and staff is very well trained to provide a great guest experience. Rooms are decorated in modern mid century with attention to all details. Technology in room is the best.

1  Thank weekendshutterbug

Dear weekendshutterbug,

Thank you for taking time to share this fantastic review with us. Glad you enjoyed your stay at Viceroy Chicago and we do hope you have the opportunity to return soon. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Viceroy Chicago and spent 3 nights. My sister and I shared a double queen room. There were many guests in our group staying as several rooms were blocked off for the wedding party and many of the bride and grooms guests. The hotel was pricey, the food was terrible, and the management never did call me back to discuss the details. I left two messages and well I Shoukd not be surprised that they were not interested in hearing about how they could improve their service. The rooms are small! The showers in the rooms were difficult to figure out, and once we got the darn thing to turn on the water would spray all over the floors! The glass barriers have an opening to large in between the tub and glass barrier to keep the water from spraying out. It’s fine just messy to have to lay extra towels all over the floor in order to keep them dry! Small vanity and bathroom too! Difficult for two women to use at same time! Our good friends reserved two adjoins rooms because they had two children. They also ordered a crib for the baby. When they arrived they all had to spend the night in one room because the reservations person did not do their job! The next night they had to move all of their belongings to another room so they could finally get what they had reserved! I think they got 1 night free for that mistake though. We tried to get a ride using the hotels free car service, and were told that the driver was out to lunch! I ordered avocado breakfast toast and it arrived to my room guacamole style! The avocado tasted like the store bought pre made guacamole and had salad dressing and salad on top of it! One bite of that and I completely lost my appetite! I sent it back and the amount was removed from our tab. Our last day we went downstairs to Somnerset for breakfast. Huge mistake to give this place another try! I ordered eggs over easy with sausage and potatoes. The eggs had no runny yolk, and the sausage was pink in the center. My dad ordered a ham and cheese omelette, that looked like orange rubber eggs with pieces of uncooked cubed ham folded in the center! He sent it back and asked for two fried eggs with bacon and thecwaiter brought him two fried eggs with the pieces of ham they dug out of the onelette! Not kidding. It was so ridiculous!! First we felt angry and then we all realized it was funny! We felt like we were on one of those reality game shows! We were good sports about everything, because frankly we had no choice. I think the place could possibly have sone potential, but honestly I got the feeling none of the employees cared! HUGE Thumbs down!!! Oh yes and the drinks on the rooftop I paid $35 for two vodka sodas! Mediocre at best. My advice: stand clear if this place!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Theshells777
ViceroyGMTK, General Manager at Viceroy Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Theshells777,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with your stay with us. Our goal is to leave all of our guests with a positive experience and I apologize that this was the not the case for you. Our Hotel Manager is in the process of reaching out to you in order to discuss this further and hopefully make things right for you. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.