“What a Vision of Dairy Farming en route to Vista”
Review of Taravao Plateau

Taravao Plateau
Reviewed July 24, 2017

You would not think this mid peninsula road that heads to the far west side, cutting right soon after beginning up to the plateau would bring to mind a French countryside dairy farming scene, but that's what you'll find. How serene riding through this tree covered road through the elevating valley to meadowlands and upward. The road isn't really wide so pay attention to on coming. I enjoyed the variety of cattle, the sheep, a few horses, and lots of greens on the ground and in the trees. You first arrive at the official vista point. Lots of picnickers everywhere, grab a parking space. There is a panoramic sign with great information that has been graffitied to death. The photo ops are incredible with Taravao in the hub where the peninsula pulls away from the main island. When the clouds are high, or gone the views from west to east are awesome. Then drive up the hill around a bend and walk up a trail to the optimum height to take in the fullness. The view is obscured by growth in some places. There is a giant tree up there. Very worth the drive.

All reviews
"attractions"
"iti"
"island"

Reviewed February 25, 2017

The narrow winding road to from Taravao to belvedere de Taravao takes you through rural pasture that could be anywhere on the planet, from France to Australia (ok, maybe not Antarctica and the like) but drive with caution as there are blind corners and large farm machinery that share the road.

While not overly well signposted, we were able to find it without difficulty just by using a tourist map that shows the attraction as point de vue 18. The picnic area is shaded, has a covered area and a somewhat vandalised,, but readable, information board.

Even in the middle of the day there was a cool breeze that added to the experience while absorbing panoramic views of the west and east costs of both Tahiti Nui and Tahiti iti as well as the township of Taravo but beware the territorial rooster and chickens that randomly drop from the trees when the rooster is inattentive.

1  Thank Greg M
Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Took us a few tries to find the road leading to it, but once we found it, we were so happy we did. A few picnic tables and a terrace overlooking the north part of the island. Beautiful and rare view of Tahiti, and just a short detour (10 min) from the main road...

Reviewed July 5, 2016

It is well worth the going out of your way to get here. The view is amazing and the drive up the hill is extremely picturesque.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 11, 2015 via mobile

Since trip advisor doesn't allow you to go back in time. I put my visit as February 2015. Honestly I have been here years ago. I have family on the islands and had visited them when I was a kid. My family took us around the island and as a last stop on the tour we stopped here.
The view is a must if you are visiting the islands. We were lucky to have excellent weather. December is a mostly wet time and cyclone prone time to visit. I would love to come back and show my sons the beauty of the islands.

1  Thank Tahitigrl73