“Best take out Chinese in area”
Review of Hot Wok Express

Hot Wok Express
Ranked #73 of 267 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My fiancé is obsessed with this place. They are quick, cheap, and always incredibly filling. My personal favorite dish is the peanut chicken. Must try!

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Had this for the first time last night and while I loved the food, it took an hour to get to me. Hopefully dine in is faster.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Ordered for delivery: pineapple chicken, chicken fried rice and won ton soup. Quick delivery and friendly delivery driver. Pretty good food. Chicken was huge white chicken chunks. Everything was hot. Would order from again.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

This was a chance discovery, I was in route to another Chinese restaurant and at the last minute, I just decided to see what they had to offer. There's plenty of eat in space, it maybe not the most updated but I did ask a regular customer, how long he'd been coming there, he said, for 20 years. So, they have become a staple in the community. His favorite was the beef with broccoli. I ordered Mongolian beef, my took less than 10 minutes and I grabbed a booth to eat my food. The menu was a variety of combinations, there's a daily lunch special which includes a egg roll, a couple of crab rangoon and a drink for less than $10 bucks. The stand out item I noticed was you can have white rice or brown rice without any additional charge, that is something I haven't seen any where else. My food was a decent portion, steaming hot with plenty of meat. I ordered orange chicken for my husband as a carry out. When I arrived home with his food, it was still warm enough to eat. Also, the another customer told me that people come from the Pontiac area to this restaurant because there's little to compare. I give them 2 thumb's up. Planning my next visit, already.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

I love the Hot Wok. It has been open for at least 25 years and never fails to disappoint. The people are great and the menu items are good. My favorite is Szechuan Chicken with fried rice......"You want egg roll?".....Classic. You will not be disappointed.