“Fabulous dinner”

El Caporal
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Burley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

We walked to this restaurant from our hotel. We had a fabulous meal and drinks. I eat a lot of mexican food and am sad that this restaurant is 9 hours from my home. I had enchiladas and they were accommodating, letting me pick two kinds. The refried beans are fabulous and the salsa has great fresh flavor. Our service was perfect. We had a wonderful dinner. I would defintely recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (162)

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

We have lived in Idaho for two years and haven’t found a Mexican restaurant that I love until now!!! First off our waiter Rodolpho was very nice and attentive, with such a nice smile. The salsa was delicious, also best in years, for my taste. I was questionable on how they made their chili rellenos so he brought one out to show me. What a guy!! It was the best relleno I have had in many years. Also had a cheese enchilada which was good. Both sauces complemented each item. My husband has camarones el capital (shrimp in a yummy cheesy white sauce) which was delicious, as I stole a bite a couple times. Margaritas were huge and tasty...not sure mine had much alcohol though. For dessert they give you fried flour tortilla chips with whipped cream and honey. Yummy way to end a fantastic meal. Just wish the restaurant was in Boise!!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 16 January 2021

This is my favorite dine in (can do take out) Mexican place! I have gone here for years and I love the variety of their menu. Wonderful atmosphere, great staff, delicious food. It is one of the places I recommend to any visitors.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 24 October 2020

I asked Hampton Inn to recommend best Mexican restaurant in Burley, and they said there was only one really good choice, El Caporal. So, I went. It was full and the food looked good. But, the lady greeter did not have on a mask, none of the servers did. I asked hostess why not, and she said they didn't believe there was any need, and it is not required by law. I fled. Don't go!

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank pierresJ7474XV
Reviewed 1 October 2020

Food was good, not great. Portion size is huge which I guess means they provide value but I'd rather pay less rather than bring half of my dinner home. Big issue for me is that the hostess and servers don't wear masks -- I know this restaurant caters to locals in the middle of ID, but staff should be wearing masks.

Date of visit: September 2020