“'80s timewarp, but this time I'm old enough to drink!”
Review of Spacebar

Spacebar
Ranked #3 of 33 Nightlife in Boise
Reviewed 16 September 2015

So fun! All of the old arcade games from the 1980s--Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Defender, Dig-Dug, Centipede, Asteroids, and more. And still only a quarter to play! Pinball, too! Full bar! It's like my '80s dream come true! If video games aren't your thing, they have a large selection of board games to play. People at the table next to us were playing "Cards Against Humanity." I saw Jenga, not too sure about others. It's kind of dark at Spacebar and there's not much in the way of décor, but that didn't really matter to me. Five dollars worth of quarters and a Rainier beer, and I was good to go. If you were a teenager in the '80's, you will probably love and appreciate this bar. If you're older than that (like a few in our party were), you may not appreciate it as much. In fact, they felt out of place and "old", as one remarked. If you're younger than that, I'm not sure. If you appreciate the video game classics, yes. If not, probably not. I had a great time and would have stayed there longer, but just like in the '80s, you have to run out of quarters some time.

1  Thank Rhonda C
in 3 reviews
"fun"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Can there be a cooler idea? Old video games (the 25 cent type) and adult beverages! A great place for a date, or just to hang out with the friend. I can't believe every city doesn't have 10 of these.

Thank David A. R
Reviewed 22 July 2015

Last time I was in an arcade, I was too young to drink. Now, I can enjoy a porter and relive some of the games of my youth. Thanks Spacebar!

Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

Boise has a lot of places that serve high quality food and drink. However, if you're a little unconventional, geeky, adventerous, and enjoy casual settings this is the place for you. There is a small variety of pinball and arcade games, console games (GameCube, N64, and Atari for example), tabletop and boaed games. Weeknights there are pre-arranged game nights, to include Magic th Gathering. It is in a basement so the environment feels very relaxed and home-like. The menu includes only beer and wine, but truly some excellent beer and wine selections. Worth a visit if you're in the area and are looking to meet new people and have a memorable experience!