“Average restaurant”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Service is good. Large portions of food. We had Calabash chicken and shrimp. Chicken was good but shrimp was a bit under cooked. We eat here quite often and my main complaint is that the food is not always consistent. The majority of time food is quite good

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in here while we were in Winder buying a car. When we were seated a woman in the booth behind us was complaining about her steak being bland and overcooked. We thought she was one of those who was trying to get something free. She complained about her replacement steak too.

When they brought out our chicken wing appetizers I began to suspect our assessment of this lady was wrong. They were overcooked. No big deal, I like them a little crispy anyway just not this much.

Then they brought out our steaks. I had the filet mignon and my wife had the filet mignon medallions. Both were overcooked (charred on one end) and bland. In fact, I'm not entirely convinced the piece of steak they served my was actually filet. It was as tough as any cheap old sirloin from Walmart. I'm not one to send anything back because I just don't like to take the risk. The gentleman at the booth on the other side of us did, however, send his filet mignon back. His was, you guessed it, grossly overcooked and bland.

I had some shrimp too, they were nothing special, just like any other frozen shrimp out of a bag.

For one of my sides I had the stone ground cheese grits. They sucked too. Very bland and with only a pinch of shredded cheese on top. Certainly not what I'd call cheese grits.

The only things that were actually good were the little rolls they give you and the French fries.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I get the calabash chicken, it’s always great. Hubby got shrimp and grits, was also great. They have changed the rolls they bring out. Good but other ones we have been used too where great. Please change back the rolls.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Still enjoy the Callabash chicken but it seems like every time I go here now something is off or wrong. Last time the soup and appetizer were cold. Not sure I can put my finger on it but I don't enjoy a meal here as much as I used to and am hesitant to try anything new from the always changing menu.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

I used to recommend and base my opinion on Shrimp and Grits by Fatz standard. (Everywhere else failed!) However, NOW they have changed the recipe for a 2nd time and I HATE it! No bacon, or cheese and the gravy itasted like it was canned turkey gravy and it just was not up to it's past standard. I will no longer recommend Shrimp and Grits to anyone wanting a great meal of this. It ain't happening here! So sad. I enjoyed it for over 15 years, now it is below standard.

Been to FATZ? Share your experiences!