“Good, hot food after a cold, rainy day at Okeefenokee Swamp Park”
Review of Ryans

Ryans
Ranked #44 of 76 Restaurants in Waycross
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were cold, slightly damp & hungry after spending the day at Okeefenokee Swamp Park. The weather was unexpectedly cold during spring break. We were staying at Stephen C Foster State Park so wanted to eat dinner before heading back to our cabin. My husband pulled up & I checked out the buffet before deciding if our family was going to stay or not. Everything looked fresh & clean so we decided to stay. We were at dinner time & they were not packed, but pleasantly busy. All of the food we had was great. While family buffets are not "high dollar" by any means, they usually offer good selection & choices for all 4 in our family. Grilled steak & grilled sausage was fresh & tasty-grilled to order & had good flavor. Fried chicken was excellent & rolls were fresh & hot, brought right to the table by the waitress. We all liked the mini chicken potpies that were served in ramikens with pastry tops. :) Salad bar very fresh. We enjoyed all of the sides that we had. Waitress was personable & kept our glasses (ice water) filled & dishes cleared without being a pest. Desserts were good & in small servings so we could try several. The only thing I wish they had was more of a fresh fruit selection, but some was offered (was hoping for some strawberries!). This location did NOT have the strange musty, mildew smell that many of these buffets often seem to have...and we usually leave those right away & do not eat at them. This restaurant was clean. Buffet was kept clean & fresh. This was a good choice for our family for dinner & if we are back in the area, will probably stop again.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Ryan's in Waycross was not bad for what would be expected at a place like this in Waycross. The price was right, the buffet was well stocked & kept up. The steak was actually pretty tasty & tender for this type operation. There was a good selection of delicious deserts. I thought Ryan's had suddenly gone out of business everywhere, but they must be doing something good for Waycross.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

The overall eating experience it typical for a chain buffet. The food is decent, and it is best if you go at night and get steak. Over the years the food quality has definitely went from awesome to just average at best. Still not to bad for the price.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Best breakfast in a very long time. This place didn’t come up in the search until dead last but, it was very good. Food was freshly cooked and a ton to choose from. The server was attentive and I left her a big tip. Seriously better breakfast than any where I could dream of. And I usually hate breakfast.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I rate this a 4 for a buffet. Not a 4 as compared to a full service reservations only restaurant. I had asked for any recommendations on restaurants from folks working the attractions I visited. All suggested were buffet, fried chicken joints, etc. I was told this had become horrid at one time but one woman's husband had been going for lunch as of late and he said it was pretty good again. Well, they must've cleaned up whatever the problems because this was very decent food. It wasn't all fried, battered stuff either. There was a constant change of fresh food being brought out.
The steak was good and cooked exactly as requested. The baby reds were wonderful. The grilled zucchini & yellow squash were excellent. And I appreciated seeing the smoked sausage/kielbasa on the meat counter.