“Delightful surprise in Valdosta GA”
Review of Steel Magnolias

Steel Magnolias
Ranked #3 of 269 Restaurants in Valdosta
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Steel Magnolias in Valdosta, GA our food base is urban Southern, taking the roots of classic Southern cuisine and showing a new way of looking at them. We serve our fare with an old familiar smile, where our patrons are surprised by a new approach, yet still know the secret handshake. We prepare the best quality ingredients at the freshest possible point and allow them to speak for themselves. We support local farmers and Artesian producers in an effort to become a supporting element in the community and drive our “eat local, be local” philosophy.
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Never dreamed that while visiting Valdosta for business I would have such an amazing dining experience! Staff was super-friendly & responsive, food presentation was gorgeous and the food clearly prepared with care & pride - everything was absolutely delicious and I would highly recommend a visit ...and I’m a foodie!

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Very pleased with dinner here. Dropped in after traveling all day from Bowling Green. The tomato jam is fantastic and I need that recipe. The duck was prepared perfectly and the eggplant was very good. Beau was an attentive and informative waiter. We will be back.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Party of 4 - and all were regulars to some degree. First, the good. Pimento Cheese Wontons are the total BOMB. Wished I made a meal out of these! Second, the BAD - 2 of us ordered Fried Chicken Confit. Chicken was almost mushy. Collards had some unappealing sweetness and the MAC/Cheese - looked and tasted like it came from a box - Noticed that another reviewer mentioned "Stouffers" - YUCK. Both who ordered this were EXTREMELY displeased. The ugly - one diner ordered a vodka on rocks - NO brand specified - and guess what - we were charged for Grey Goose. What - you don't have a house brand available?? It will be awhile before we attempt this again:(

SM132, Owner at Steel Magnolias, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Hi Blondechick1,

We are very disappointed you all did not enjoy your meal. Please let us address the good the bad and the ugly!!

The Good, the wontons ARE the BOMB, so glad you enjoyed.

The Bad, the Chicken Confit one of our most popular dishes, I’ll have it for lunch today and address any concerns and see “what the what” is, maybe we have an over cooked batch or something to address and I’ll make sure we do.

The Ugly... our well vodka is Skol, unless someone specifically requests well vodka we pour house vodka which is Grey Goose. If any one specialically requests well, we pour them well.

Again we are very disappointed to find your review come through and I’d like to host you all in again on us, as we don’t receive very many 2 star reviews and a whole lotta love goes into what we do here.

If you will reach out via email to steelmagnoliasvaldosta@gmail.com
I’d like to follow up with you personally.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We have only be here for lunch. Every time, we are happy we went(my wife and I). We have taken family and friends several times. We tell them the drive from Thomasville is easy and worth the time. We had (not all at one time) the blackened chicken wrap, shrimp po-boy, blackened chicken over quinoa, deviled eggs both kinds, and more. Each time the food was delicious and the staff friendly.
Worth you time and money.

1  Thank franksW575XI
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The fried green tomatoes and shrimp po boys were delicious! The restaurant looks nicely updated, and I’ve seen only a few restaurants with an exposed kitchen in the front. Very cool.

I’d highly recommend this restaurant if you’re ever in, or stopping through, Valdosta. The food and atmosphere is certainly on par with restaurants you’d find in Savannah.

1  Thank MMillerM