“Awesome from start to finish.”

Tybee Island Social Club
Ranked #23 of 59 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

This is our second year vacationing on Tybee, and this is our favorite restaurant yet. We were greeted at the door, and sat down immediately in the nicest atmosphere that was still relaxed as well. The Manchego Skillet with blue crab meat kicked off a wonderful meal. I enjoyed the Socialite and the Paloma, while my wife enjoyed a couple glasses of a Pinot blend. She loved the grilled local shrimp tacos, and I had the grilled Mahi-Mahi with arugula and chorizo polenta. Great server from start to finish.

1  Thank Chris E

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Loved great music while sipping on a cocktail and eating yummy, unique fare at the Social Club porch on our last night at Tybee Island. Our server was local and fun to talk with and doted on us as we ate our dinner with just the right level of service.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

My recent visit to this location was one of the worst all around dining experiences I've EVER had. They failed in every single category. Food, service, cleanliness, getting the order correct, you name it, they blew it.

We were seated quickly on a Friday at 7pm (which should have been our first clue). Our server, Andy I believe, showed not long afterward and took our drink order. After serving us those, we wouldn't see much more of him. We waited quite some time to finally order, since he disappeared. We were in need of an appetizer so we ordered an avocado dish along with our entrees at the same time. 30 minutes later, with no water refills in between, we finally received our app. It was dropped off by a runner who couldn't be bothered with our empty glasses. No real complaints about the dish.

Another long wait and we finally got our entree which was, of course, prepared wrong. My fiancee is vegan and clearly requested her veggie tacos without cheese (feta) and tomato. Both were sitting very prominently right in the middle of both tacos.

My order was correct but tasted horrible. I only nibbled on it before giving up. I was finished well before her plate returned of course. By this time, I had carried my cup inside and requested a refill from the bar area.

Pathetic dining experience in every possible way. No attempt to apologize or address our complaints was made. Fair warning diners, steer well clear of this joint.

2  Thank savannahjohn
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

We visited the Tybee Island Social Club this past weekend and sat on the front patio. The table was so old and sticky that no amount of scrubbing would ever get it clean. The chairs were very uncomfortable. My husband ordered a shrimp appetizer that was pickled and not very good. I ordered the lobster roll which was full of lobster meat but somewhat bland. For the prices that were charged, I'd say that it was not the best value for our money.

1  Thank KandyJersey
Reviewed 30 May 2016

PROS:
-excellent lobster roll
-excellent bloody mary
CONS:
-very expensive 20 dollars for the lobster roll
-Daughters salmon extremely dry
-husbands black bean burger dry and hard
-just okay atmosphere (dark inside)
-waitress forgot about my secnd drink request
-also people outside had to ask for her, cause she forgot about them too
-we had an appetizer with chips that included guacamole (which wasnt guacamole at all, it was a mashed up avacado