“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

The food is awesome and the service is great! Yummy crab cakes! Fresh oysters on the half shell or get a bucket and shuck them your self!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

We have tried all the restaurants on Tybee and by far found Bernie’s the best for fried or steamed oysters, and fried grouper. Lots of restaurants serve oysters, but none are as good as Bernie’s. Very friendly, unpretentious, atmosphere with indoor and outdoor seating. From the outside it looks like any other bar, but the cook is excellent. We were there for a week (our 3rd year in a row), and ate half of our lunch and dinner meals at Bernie’s this 3rd year.
My only complaint is, and this is true of all restaurants on Tybee, they do not have a lunch price menu. Prices and meal selections are the same for lunch and dinner. We expect higher prices for dinner, but it kind of makes lunch’s a bit expensive.
Why is this? They have a captive audience, meaning if you want cheaper you have to go 15-20 miles into Savannah, or go to the store and buy stuff to fix your own lunch at your hotel/condo. But who wants to do that when you’re on vacation.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

My wife and I stopped into Bernie's for a cold beer and a snack on the 13th of November. We ordered a bowl of Clam Chowder ($7.00), a Fried Oyster Sampler (5 small oysters) ($6.00) and 3 Landshark beers ($15.00). The chowder was ok as were the oysters. We have had much better, but the beer was cold, but expensive. Our server was Stephani, and she was ok. Mostly busy with the regulars. I am probably giving them a break on my rating. All and all, probably wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I had the oysters. I ordered steamed but they came out raw. I thought I would eat them anyway and they were good. There was hardly anyone in the restaurant, and for the money I thought the place was just ok.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Our party of four stopped in for lunch. They serve decent fried seafood at reasonable prices and cheap beer.