All reviews room was clean waffle maker hotel staff stayed one night staff was very friendly swimming pool short drive waffles a great place to stay atlanta hardees microwave park
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I arrived for a night by using my points to take care of the room. The inn is nice on the outside and the lobby. They check-in person was also nice (Randy) who quickly directed me to my room location.
Upon entering the room, it looked okay from a glance but I soon found glaring problems. I will start with the good. The bathroom appeared to be clean, as did the vanity. The bed linens also appeared clean and the A/C was working and cold.... These were the only things nice and clean about this place.
It was evident that the room was in need of a deep cleaning and had been for a long time. There was something on the back of the door that I did not want to identify, the refrigerator was frozen over with heavy food residue on to of it in from of the microwave. The carpet was so dirty that two trips back and forth to the vanity and my feet were dirty after just having had a shower! On top of this, when I plugged in a medical machine, the outlet cover was missing from the outlet - not safe. It was late and only a one night stay in a full place so I did not seek a room change. I travel a fair amount and would not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel is away from the pool
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way up to a cabin rental in Blue Ridge, GA. It's your standard hotel room with two beds, TV, mini fridge, microwave and bathroom/vanity. The room was clean, a/c worked great and beds & pillows were comfy. The hot breakfast was a nice bonus to start your morning. Best of all it's literally 5 minutes from the Stone Mountain main entrance. Overall, fair price, good room, quiet property & great location.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We were traveling from LegoLand in Atlanta & decided to head over to Stone Mountain a day early (our reservation was for the next night). I called to check for availability & explained I had already made reservations for 1 night, but wanted to add a day prior to. A confirmation was emailed to me for the additional night. The staff was very friendly & knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were very clean & appeared to have recently been renovated (new plush carpet & paint). The beds were comfortable & with several pillows to choose from. We slept late & missed breakfast both mornings. There is a Krispy Kreme 2-3 miles away, Waffle House, Burger King & Hardee’s are a short walking distance away. The area seems to be located in a really nice part of town, our stay was very quiet. The only concern was the pool area. We decided to check the pool out with our 2 small children. There was no noise of filtration system present while we attended that area (1 hour). No jets were present & the water had a different feel to it (slick) & appeared a bit cloudy. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a family looking to explore Stone Mountain. It is only a short drive to the park. If you are looking to stay there to see fireworks, they are not visible from that location (info from hotel staff).

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2018

I am a Choice Rewards member and I stayed at this property cause it was affordable yet convenient to Stone Mountain Park. This hotel is located less than 5 minutes from Stone Mountain Park's entrance along with several other chain hotels. You also have countless restaurant and retail options close by. Checking in, the staff was very friendly and prompt. The room seemed to have been slowly updated overtime. The doors to all of the rooms have RFID cards which was a big plus in the smartphone age. The rest of my room was mostly dated. The bed spread was definitely modern but the bed itself seemed about 10 years old. The HVAC was at least 30 years old and slow to work. My biggest complaint about the room was that housekeeping sprayed excessive amounts of air freshener which hit me like a punch to the face upon opening the door. Breakfast was average at best. Orange juice was flavorless and there was barely any fruit. I never got to try the swimming pool cause it wasn't open despite high temperatures exceeding 90 degrees.
Long story short, if you're looking for a place to stay near Stone Mountain Park. Park Place Blvd area has several great hotels you can stay at. Quality Inn missed that mark on being a great hotel. You get a minimally updated room on a property that can use some major improvements.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Location was ok, Rooms and hotel need updating. Breakfast was good. Not happy with the information from the website requested a king size bed was told at the from desk because I was traveling with a pet I could only get queen size.The web stated that only the handy cap king room were restricted from having pet. Beds need to be replaced. Too many extra charges as well. early fee sign in, can not cancel the reservation, etc.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple