Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Loved visiting this lighthouse! It was beautiful!!!

This is a gorgeous lighthouse set right on the Atlantic Ocean. The views out back are amazing! You... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Teacher20052013
DeLand, Florida
Pretty, Even on a Rainy Day

This was our first stop while visiting Saint Simons Island. We've been told, on a clear day, it... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Melissa A

1,027 results
All reviews light house worth the climb gift shop simons lighthouse worth the trip jekyll island self guided tour eugenia price keeper climbing st admission gazebo grounds video volunteers artifacts
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2021

If you are in St. Simons you have to take the walk up this small lighthouse. It is only about 129 steps to the top and they have few places where you can catch your breathe if you need it. There is ton of views at the top. Before you climb watch the movie for a few minutes. It helps you understand the history more.

Reviewed 10 January 2021

With a sweeping view of Jekyll Island and the surrounding area from the top. There is also a small movie theatre to provide some history.

Date of experience: February 2020
2  Thank marktraynor
Reviewed 2 January 2021

No trip to St. Simon's Island is complete without seeing the lighthouse. However, this was our first time to tour the inside. With a combo ticket, we purchased at the WWII Home Front museum, we spent about 45 minutes here.

After watching a short film, we climbed the 129 steps to the top of the lighthouse. Imagine doing that while carrying 5 gallons of fuel each night! At the top, you can walk on the small balcony outside to get panoramic views of the island. Back downstairs, we walked through the exhibits at the lighthouse keeper's house which showed us how the lighthouse keeper's family would have lived, as well as the challenges they faced.

Reviewed 30 December 2020

OK for short visit, some interesting historical facts about the first light house, surprised at what I learned!

Reviewed 14 December 2020 via mobile

We visited the Golden Isles this weekend, and being a lighthouse fan, had to come here! We got the combo ticket with the WW2 Museum, which is only a few minutes away. Anyway, the lighthouse keepers house is a museum and we were able to go to the top of the lighthouse. Even though I have a phobia of heights (that developed in my 20s), I was able to climb up - hey, it’s half the height and half the stairs as Cape Hatteras, which I climbed a few years ago, so that’s how I convinced myself I could do it! However I at the top I just looked out from the doorway (I stayed inside). Also the lighthouse was decorated for Christmas! Anyway friendly staff/volunteers and well worth the visit!

2  Thank travelingpenguin12