“We Will Return”

The Carriage House Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #15 of 55 Restaurants in Perry
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

The Carriage House was recommended to us by local while we were visiting the area.
We were not disappointed. Dinners include entree, salad, two sides and rolls. I had the Pork Chop which was the size of a prime rib - delicious. With large salad and two sides, I couldn't eat it all but I tried. Spouse had the cat fish and said it was wonderful. We will be back.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I don't mind an expensive dinner IF it is quality food and pleasant ambience but it didn't happen!
Undercooked catfish
overcooked prime rib...it tasted as if it had been cooked the day before and warmed up ordered rare and it came medium
terrible tiny pork chop....too tough to eat and no glaze to speak of...brought home to dog
Unappetizing salads
We were seated in a room with a large party that was so rowdy we could not even have a conversation...in hindsight, we should have left immediately as another group did.
We bought family for their first visit...needless to say they will never be back and we were embarrassed since we had bragged on how good it was. Just a miserable experience.
Drive to Lake Blackshear or Macon. The waitress was wonderful...wish I could review her.

Susan S, Manager at The Carriage House Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Mrs. Brenda Campbell,

Sorry you had a miserable experience. You requested to dine in the Veranda (the glass patio) . There was a large party in the Veranda that night having a wonderful time. You could have simply asked to move to another table in the restaurant. The guest you spoke of in your review asked to be moved to another table and we accommodated them . We would have done the same for you. The guest did not leave the restaurant, they had a lovely meal just in a different room.

As far as your meal if you had spoke to the restaurant manager we would have made things right for you that night.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Our church took a bus load to this restaurant a few weeks ago. They were very accommodating for us as a large group. The service was superb. One of the specials of the night was a king cut prime rib. It filled the whole plate and was absolutely delicious!! I also had the onion rings and the fried green tomatoes as appetizers and they were both very good. I wish there had been more onion rings on the plate as they were do good that I hated to share.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Thursday night when they have a catfish special for "all you can eat" for $10. The catfish was very good but the sides were only OK. The cheesecake and pecan pie were both delicious. The setting is beautiful and the service was very good.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Very happy to find this gem right off I-75 at exit 127. Food is great for the area. Gulf shrimp cocktail is awesome.

Been to The Carriage House Restaurant and Bar? Share your experiences!