“Good Comfort Food, Quick Service”
Review of Zapata

Zapata
Ranked #8 of 301 Restaurants in Norcross
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: If you're looking for authentic Mexican fare and premium hand-crafted agave-based cocktails then look no further than our Mexican restaurant! We serve up delicious and authentic options for lunch and dinner daily as well as feature the best agave-based cocktails around. Our original Mexican cocktails are made with the freshest ingredients and we feature an exceptional selection of tequila, mezcal and other agave distilled spirits. Stop in and see us today for tacos, tequila and more!
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Arrived for a late lunch with a colleague before a meeting in this quaint storefront restaurant in downtown Norcross. Service was very fast and friendly. Hot, fresh chips with salsa (they keep it coming if asked!). I ordered the enchiladas mole which had one of the best mole sauces I've ever had. Very good chocolate/earthy flavor over two generously sized enchiladas. The side of rice was good, but better when mixed in with the large quantity of mole sauce on my plate. Reasonable prices. Would definitely return and recommend!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

It is located in old downtown Norcross which is a great little town, Nicely decorated in preparation for the upcoming holiday season. I was not intending on going to this restaurant, but was drawn in from the street after looking through the window. It's very inviting. The music is good it has a good bar and contemporary design. The service was actually very good. They advertised tacos and tequila on the front door, so how could I not get tacos. I ordered the combo and got chicken, steak, and chorizo. Having been to several authentic Mexican restaurants, which this one claims to be, I was somewhat disappointed in the blandness of the food. I love that it does not have cheese and sour cream and all that crap, but the flavor of the meat just wasn't there. In fact, the steak was dry and tough to chew. It does come with fresh cilantro onions and Charro beans which make it a great set up. Because of the vibe and the other customers in the restaurant, I believe I have mis-ordered and cannot knock the rating down. Try something other than the tacos and I believe you will love this place.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The service here was excellent, and the food was excellent. We had a party of four, consisting of two children. We were seated immediately, had a waitress who was over and above in terms of service. The food was fast, delicious and budget-friendly. I would highly recommend if you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Delicious Margaritas & great choices of tequila. Great fish dishes!
Always yummy. We went for a birthday celebration. Everyone enjoyed their meal & drinks. Staff is always attentive & make great menu item recommendations if you are undecided!
This is one of our go to restaurants in our area.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My husband and I went to Zapata for lunch on a Saturday and had planned on using our groupon deal since they only offer the dinner menu on Saturdays. We arrived around 12:30 and when we told our waiter about our groupon he said we could only use it for dinner, even though they were only serving from the dinner menu. I was a little disappointed, but we were there and decided to give it a try.

We ordered the Queso Morelos for an appetizer, ENCHILADAS de MOLE, and Al Pastor taco dinner and a couple of beers. The queso morelos was amazing. I've never had anything like this and will try now to recreate it in my house it was sooo good. The mole was ok (my husband is from Mexico and loves Mole), and the tacos were great. The beer was cold. Our waiter was attentive.

I even ordered a spicy mezcal margarita that was amazing.

The only thing that is holding me off from giving this place 5 stars, is that 15 minutes after we arrived another couple came in wanting to use the groupon and the staff let them. There needs to be some consistency with this. It's bad business to tell one guest no and another yes. And if you are serving the dinner menu then you should be prepared to let guests use a dinner certificate. They were not busy when we arrived, nor when we left.

I would return, just not to use a groupon deal.