“Good food, great server”

La Carreta Hispanic Grocery & Taqueria
Ranked #29 of 772 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Colombian
Description: Near Whole Foods and the Big Chicken on Roswell Road, Marietta, Georgia.
Reviewed 21 December 2017

This was our first visit and it didn't disappoint. We started with the Queso Dip con Chips o Maduros for the table, then our son and daughter-in-law had pork quesadilla and Tilapia Empanizada o al Ajillo. My husband and I split Pork belly, Colombia sausage, steak, chicken, morcilla & tostones plate. More than enough for two. Everyone agreed that all was delicious. But the real highlight was our server. He couldn't have been more agreeable and attentive with a great big smile. We don't live in the area but would be a regular if we did.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stopped for lunch and ordered tortas which are sandwiches Mexican style. Avocado, shredded meat or pork and all the fixes. What a great sandwich!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We tried LaCarreta last night for the first time. My sister had been there before and raved about it, and she was right. We started with an excellent house margarita with their spicy salt mixture. The plantains and guacamole were surprisingly good. I tried the shrimp with diablo sauce and loved it. I was warned that it might be too spicy, but it was perfect. It came with fairly plain white rice, and excellent black beans and Mexican coleslaw. I enjoyed every bite! The service was good, and the restaurant was not noisy. The prices were good too. We will definitely go back. The sooner the better!

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We go to this restaurant at least once every two weeks. The food is delicious -- and so reasonably priced! Our son has allergies to milk, eggs and nuts, and they always take care with his food. My daughter even practices her Spanish on the friendly staff.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent Colombian food. Not as good as my Colombian wife's cooking but best outside of my house. Bande Paisa for excellent example of Colombian cuisine.