“Simply the Best Asian Cuisine Around”
Review of Eat at Thai

Eat at Thai
Ranked #17 of 269 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Not much to say. The food is excellent. Truly excellent. Tom kah soup is my favorite. Also yellow curry fried rice. Red Duck curry. Masaman with tofu. Shrimp in a blanket appetizer. Indoor decor is not too fancy. Most people get take out.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I wanted a nice lunch of Pad Thai and made the mistake of coming here!!! Waited almost ten minutes at front to be seated even though they were not very busy. The place was maybe a third full of customers and had three people serving tables.
Finally a young guy walked over and asked in a gruff tone how many??? I said just myself and he walks me over to a table, put a menu down and walks off. No drink order, no greeting, nothing.
I'm ready to order but had to wait about another ten minutes for him to come around to wave him over to take my order.
The food arrived about another ten minutes later and was a huge disappointment. The Pad Thai was bland, pasty, little meat in it. The Rangoon was average and the dipping sauce looked and tasted watered down. The Tom Kah soup was bland, not good. The hot green tea was weak. Over all, a bad experience.
Waited longer to wave him down again to request my bill. When it came, he just put it on the table and walked off.
RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!! The whole experience was RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL TO A PAYING CUSTOMER!!!
I should have took my $20 somewhere else and next time I will!!! I highly recommend don't waist your time, money or appetite on this establishment. There's a McDonalds across the parking lot. Sadly, you can get better service, food and value there!!!

1  Thank Termighty Max T
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We are new to Gainesville area but discovered and love this Thai resturant on Dawsonville Highway.I highly recommend Eat at Thai!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Very flavorful always disappointed when my late eating schedule finds they are closed.

Wish they did not close at Eight pm

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

It is the best Thai in Gainesville, not the best Thai I have ever had. If you are in a hurry you may want to go somewhere else. Service has been in a continual decline. Tom Kaw and Curries are all recommended by me.