“Terrible service”
Review of Amici

Amici
Ranked #100 of 275 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Amici Italian Cafe has been serving up fresh ingredients and fun times for 22 years! We have opened our doors in 7 great Georgia communities, including; Athens, Covington, Lake Oconee, Madison, Milledgeville, Conyers and Monroe. Come dine inside or outside in most locations where we have full bars that always try to have your favorite game on, and where our famous, award-winning wings and pizza are always hot! Come by after work and have a chilly beverage with friends. Seasonally you can enjoy live entertainment and you should always keep your eyes open for the chef specials. Haven’t got time to sit with us? Pick up something to go, or let us cater your next office lunch. Our food is made fresh every day; we use the finest quality market products available, and we make it to order for you!
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We waited over an hour for our food. They kept insisting it was coming right out. This went on for 30 minutes. Finally after an hour and 10 minutes we left Without our food. Meanwhile everyone that came in after us was served, ate, paid the bill and left.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for two or a family, even for just a seat at the bar to watch TV. The wings are excellent. I highly recommend the chicken parmigiana plate. It is my favorite.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to try something new on our visit with a friend currently residing in Gainesville. After looking on Google, we decided on this place. The atmosphere of Amici is very clean, updated and welcoming. However, it was a bit confusing if we should seat ourselves or wait to be seated. The waitress was very informative with items on the main menu and drink menu. I ordered a slice of gourmet pizza with 5 wings combo. My pizza was the pineapple express pizza. My husband ordered a BBQ calzone, and our friend ordered the pizza & wings combo with the Athenian pizza. We also all shared a fries appetizer basket. All of our food was absolutely delicious. No complaints on any of it! However, there was only 1 server working the entire restaurant (less than 5 occupied tables at the time), and it took us about 30-40 minutes to get our food after ordering, so I assume there weren't many kitchen employees. Will return for the delicious food, but hopefully the service will improve. If it weren't for the slow service, I would have given this place 5 stars instead of 4.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

First time visiting here, Saturday afternoon around 1:15. Only 2 customers there when we arrived. The server was very friendly, and when we mentioned it was our first visit she began to explain the food options, her favorites, and the best bargains. She was great. We opted for the combo of one slice pizza and a side, $8.99. I chose the house salad and slice of Huntsman pizza, while my daughter chose one slice of Margherita and 5 wings. All in all, the wait time for food was too long as it took 30 minutes to get part of the order- my salad and my daughters slice. Another 6-7 minutes and my slice and her wings came out. Given that there wasn’t a “lunch rush” taking place I was a bit surprised at the fragmented delivery of the food. I understand that some things are prepared at order time, but 30 minutes for a salad?

The quality of the wings was very good-big meaty wings, well flavored. Lemon-pepper seasoning, and my daughter said she would come back for wings possibly. The Margherita slice was good too per my daughter. My house salad was a good house salad-hard to mess that up. The chick peas in it were a nice touch as well, the lettuce fresh and green. My slice of pizza though, not so much. The first thing I noticed was that the mushrooms were raw, under cheese that was unevenly melted, devoid of any evidence it had even seen the inside of an oven other than the crust being baked initially. The center of the cheese was noticeably cooler/unmelted than the rest of the pizza, suggesting they microwave the slices after topping them. Again, the only part of the meal that warranted any wait time was the wings, which get a thumbs up.

All in all we left feeling like $20+ was too much for the meal we just had. I do think the server did great- kitchen not so much. I wanted this to be a “new found favorite” given its proximity to my work and home. Sadly, this first visit didn’t impress me enough to think about going back.

Amici C, Manager at Amici, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Afternoon Joseph, I would like to apologize for the horrible service that you received. If you would like to call the store and ask for Jeremy, Sam, or Breezy we would like to fix this problem. The phone number is 470-227-9600.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Placed order ahead of time. We had little time as a family, but tried to make the best of it. Then, they called us back 10 or so minutes later cause they didn’t have the toppings we ordered. That’s okay, we changed it. Arrived. They asked us to order again as they cannot take orders over the phone!. So, we ordered again and waitress forgot the order.
I don’t even know what to say. You can’t order pickup? There’s nobody here but us. We’ll be late late picking up a special family member after we receive a pizza we have no time to eat! Shameful!

Again, nobody here but the three of us. they actually burnt our pizza! OMG!

Amici C, General Manager at Amici, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Hello Matt, I am so very sorry for your experience. If you would please call the store at 470-227-9600 and ask to speak to Jeremy or Sam, We will be happy to try and fix this issue for you as soon as possible. That isn't our policy and I'm not sure how that happened. I'm truly sorry for this and we definitely want to do right by you and your family.
Sam