“Great Mexican”

El Torero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 462 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has been a staple in the duluth for probably 20 years. Has always been consistently excellent Mexican food. They do have that I think are the best nachos around.. I've also always enjoyed their chili Rellanos as well as the chimichangas.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

A regular Mexican restaurant a friend of mine and I used to frequent was forced to close for a while. We have been looking for a substitute and this has been the best alternative. They have a good variety of menu items and the food is very tasty. It's a little pricier than the old place, but still pretty reasonable.

Take note, if you come and it's crowded, be sure to get a ticket to be seated.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

I was out buying falcon gear for the big game and decided to have an early dinner. I decided to goto El Torero off of Satelite Blvd for quick meal.
As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by an associate and advised to sit anywhere. There is plenty of seating throughout the building.
Immediately the waiter took my drink order then another waitress brought me water, chips and salsa. The wait staff is very attentive.
I ordered the Texas Margarita and a Steak & Shrimp Fatijia Quesadilla with a side of rice.
The drink came out immedately. OMG!!!! that drink was just what the dr ordered. It was tasty and STRONG. You only need 1 of these drinks to take the edge off. 2 of these drinks, you might need to call an uber.
My meal came out shortly after the drink. It was 1 Steak & Shrimp Fatijia Quesadilla. It was full of onions, peppers, cheese and flavor. The steak was very tender & so tasty. The shrimp was cooked well & very tasty. The rice was just ok. I willnot ordered the rice again.
The one quesadilla was big enough if you are not starving. It came with quac, sour cream, lettuce & pico. I LOVED MY MEAL and I will eat here again.
I would highly recommend El Torero & I would suggest trying the Steak & Shrimp Fatijia Quesadilla & the Fabulous Texas Margarita.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Food was served hot and service was fast. Perfect for a quick lunch. Chips and salsa arrived as soon as we were seated. I was lunching with a friend who works nearby and she suggested we go there. Enjoyable.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Hard to beat their prices for lunch. Fast and friendly service, excellent salsa and queso. Lunches are a great value. Never been for dinner but would highly recommend for lunch if nearby.