Lowest prices for your stay
US$139
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$139
All reviews state park beautiful view breakfast buffet maple restaurant loft room minute drive fire pit rooms face private balcony on site restaurant amicalola falls adirondack chairs common areas coffee maker mountains hike deck
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2021

The hotel and the view are great, I have been here two other times and my experiences were excellent, the reason for this bad review lies with the restaurant causing the hotel to be a less hospitable. I am currently staying in the hotel and wanted to share my experience.

I am not typically a picky eater, or care much about restaurant offerings but this hotel is a bit unique in that there are no restaurants or food options within at least an hour round trip from the hotel and rooms don't have a refrigerator/microwave to bring your own food. My prior visits have allowed us to order a-la-carte either to-go or in dine in, and it has been perfectly adequate and really tasty. Literally, a cheeseburger and chicken fingers were amazing last year. Not this year. We read other reviews the week leading up to our visit (that we booked 5 months in advance) indicating that the food options were limited and/or severely lacking. We tried getting in contact with the restaurant for over a week prior to our visit to see what may have changed since our last visit, but could only leave a voicemail and nobody would return our calls.

We arrived today to find out that they only have buffet service and I agree with some of the other reviews that the food is absolutely awful, not warm, and just generally low quality for the $18.00 price per person even considering the beautiful view from the restaurant. We asked multiple times what the rest of the Memorial Day holiday weekend would bring for food options and if we would ever be able to order off the regular a-la-carte menu, but never got a straight answer.

I hope this review reaches anyone who is considering making food part of your experience to this awesome location to reconsider and stay elsewhere until they figure out an option that is able to adequately serve overnight guests (especially multi-day) with suitable food options.

Room tip: Do not plan to use the purchase food onsite, the restaurant is too unpredictable to rely on in such a remote area.
Date of stay: May 2021
2  Thank Relax773944
Reviewed 6 May 2021 via mobile

The views from this property and the outdoor area are fantastic! The indoors however is very clean and fairly updated but not quiet. Unsure what they did but the plumbing is not well insulted - at least not in the room we had - and every time the people above us went to the bathroom it sounds like mini bombs. It was so loud the first time we whipped around thinking there was a huge water leak in our room. We travel a ton and are used to hearing people above us but never plumbing issues like this. And of course the people above us apparently needed to go to the bathroom multiple times during the note so we kept being woken up. As beautiful as this was, I’m not sure we would stay here again unless we really just wanted to escape the city. The noise and bad food in the dining area likely will keep us away.

Tip: If you eat at the restaurant only get the soup and salad on the buffet. The meat was terrible, over cooked and not at all worth the cost. Breakfast is harder to mess up and was better but we won’t eat dinner here again.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank TXMARTINS
Reviewed 27 April 2021

We held a small family gathering at Amicalola Falls Lodge to celebrate the lives of my recently departed parents. The meeting space, food, and service of the staff were excellent, and as we shared memories around the fire in the beautiful stone fire pit, the majesty of the mountains surrounding us was absolutely breath-taking. We finished the day at the overlook of Amicalola Falls. If ever a place was near to the heavens, that place is. The images and feelings from that event will stay in our hearts forever.

Reviewed 27 April 2021 via mobile

View is hard to beat, hotel is nice enough, but you are paying for the view. The buffet at the restaurant is not very good, worst $19 I ever spent. Sadly there are no other food options near by. It is a lovely place to stay for a night and enjoy the mountains.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2021

DH and I were passing through and only stayed one night at the Lodge. It's a beautiful drive there and your brakes better be in good condition! Check-in was quick and easy. Being a senior, I had requested a room close to the lobby area and they gave me that with no problem. The lobby is impressive with a wall of windows to see the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and entrance to an outside deck with rocking chairs. Nice. The restaurant was off to the right with the continued wall of windows. Our room was nicely appointed with a comfy king-sized bed, coffee pot (4-cup with paper coffee cups and only 1 packet each of caff and decaf coffee so ask for more), 2 chairs, and that beautiful view that we had seen in the lobby. They don't have a microwave, but I was told there is a community microwave on one of the floors. I didn't try it. If you ask for a refrigerator, they will bring one to your room while supplies last. No problem having that delivered. I was excited that the tub had a hand-held shower head, but it did not work. Only the regular shower head worked. Otherwise, the bathroom was spacious and well-stocked with the usual soap, conditioner, and lotion. We enjoyed it and wished we could stay longer.

Room tip: Ask for a refrigerator and extra coffee in advance