“Always good”

Skipper's Fish Camp
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I've been frequenting Skippers periodically for 10 plus years. These folks know how to cook seafood. Nuthin' fancy, but always good. Boiled shrimp, catch of the day, pork boys, it's always good, and fun. Enjoy cornhole, stroll Darien, check out the wine shop, relax and enjoy some local sea fare.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Went to Skippers past Thursday with friends....had the best steamed oysters! Drinks were fantastic and had amazing service from Sam! They were packed and busy because of a tour bus but he kept the great service and smiles coming! Will definitely be back! Make sure you ask for Sam!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Skipper's Fish Camp was recommended to us by the locals...great suggestion! We went for a mid-afternoon meal, after the lunch crowd and before the suppertime folks. We tried broiled, blackened, and fried seafood. We preferred the broiled over the fried, but my personal favourite is the blackened scallops. Enjoyed it so much we went back the next day.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I were passing through the quaint town of Darien, Ga on our way home from our South Fla Spring Break trip. We were staying at The Open Gates B&B for the evening. We chose Skipper’s Fish Camp because of the beautiful waterfront and dock/deck and close proximity to the B&B. We got there just as the rain had stopped, the sun was setting, and a large rainbow appeared over the bridge. It made our wait enjoyable having the outdoors to stroll around and take pictures. The little harbor is beautiful! (Wear bug spray so you can enjoy it....it is the south after all!)

The service at Skipper’s was great! Inside is so cozy, clean, and has a very nice seaside nostalgic feel. Our waitress was helpful in deciding which dish to try. My daughter and I both got the blackened shrimp and sweet potatoe soufflé. Both were amazing! The house sauce was delicious for dipping the shrimp. I also got the cheese grits and she got Mac and Cheese. Also-both good. With the cheese grits...it gave me the taste of shrimp and grits. The sweet potatoe soufflé was like dessert! A few hush puppies came with our meal and they had just the right crunch and sweetness and we’re just the right temperature.

This was a very short drive from Open Gates B&B. On a nice evening it would make for a nice stroll. We would have walked -but it was raining. Parking was tight at peak hours....so my advice is to walk or go a little earlier or later if you are concerned about parking. I believe people drive from St Simon’s Island and Jekyll Island to come here because the place was packed on a rainy night and the town is very tiny.

Be sure to bring your camera as the waterfront is really beautiful -especially at sunset. Wear your bug spray so you can fully enjoy the outside if you have the opportunity to eat on their large deck or in the oyster bar which also has a great view of the docks, skyline, and bridge. The sunset lights it up and it is gorgeous!

I hope to eat at Skipper’s again as my daughter will be attending The Coastal college of Ga in the fall. This is about a 20 minute drive from Brunswick. Worth it!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

This a favorite restaurant of ours but this dinner was not so great and it took an hour to get our food and we arrived late. The Clam Strips were terrible. They were over cooked, over salted and tasted like nothing. The Fried Shrimp and the Crab Cakes are always good here. The service was fine.