“good late evening mexican food”

Blue Bay Mexican Grill
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Darien
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Stopped by for late night take-out and had some good taco salads and dessert. Bartender server was very polite and efficient.

1  Thank whit1955

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This place has great food and the service is generally great. We had been eating here at least once per week sometimes twice. I will not return as long as the current hostess “Red” or “Fred” whatever her name is works there. She wouldn’t let us sit at a table for 6 (there were two of us) although the only table for two was wobbly and leaning. Our consistent business should merit setting at a table for six under those circumstances.This hostess has always been too nice and annoying but it was worth it because of the food. No more.....

1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We came to town with a group of walkers. Looked for a nice place to eat lunch and we found Blue Bay. It is a cute place with indoor and screened outdoor seating. It was a little cool so we opted for indoor. There was a good selection of typical Mexican food. Service was friendly and food was good. Would definitely go here again when in town.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We had a late dinner after a day of shopping. We sat in the screened in porch and enjoyed great food and drinks. I had a margarita with my fajitas and and loved everything about the experience. Darien is such a quaint little town. I love the area and will return.

1  Thank TheSuze12
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I had to drive my mom to a doctor's appointment in Brunswick and we decided to stop in Darien for lunch. This little place had super friendly service and reasonable prices. The chips and salsa were good and we both enjoyed our food. The portions are large and we had plenty to take home. They are willing to substitute and make small changes, and not every place does. They switched out the chicken on my fajitas for avocado, and it was tasty. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank Melissa M