Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$169
View deal
eDreamsUS$169
TripadvisorUS$169
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews the secret garden horseback riding hot tub get away my husband and i eagles nest prime rib family reunion gift shop wedding coordinator amicalola falls front office biscuits and gravy year anniversary deluxe cabin owners and staff king bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Before the parking lot attendant Charles asked me and my wife to move our registered Disable Veteran plated car out of a handicap parking spot to none handicap spot across the street for a none Identified handicap vehicle just to save someone else the walk everything was good. The room was clean, the food was ok. It is unfortunate how you serve the Military and get treated like this. After Explaining and showing the plates on both cars to the manager/co-owner Michelle it was apparent that there was no concern. Her statement was just “oh, he is not normally like that”. And did I mention all this occurred on Mother’s Day! Wow this how Forrest Hill Resorts treat their Veterans & Mothers??

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank mauriceg896
Michele Kraft-DeBlois, Owner at Forrest Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2021

We are so sorry this incident occurred. We are a family business, my father is a veteran, my nephew is in the military, and I am a mother. We do our best to treat everyone with respect. Immediately upon hearing of this I did apologize multiple times and I knew it was not like Charles to be disrespectful to anyone. Their Camaro was backed into the handicap space so the tag was not immediately visible. I know this is no excuse for our actions. The car was parked there for a good 2 hours prior to the start of the Mother's Day event and this fairly young couple was spotted walking around the resort all the while. At the time they were asked to move their vehicle, they had just finished walking up a somewhat steep hill from the office to the restaurant. They were also offered a ride in our golf cart as we were offering a shuttle to those that had to park far away, to which they declined. Charles was trying to assist an elderly couple attending the event to find parking that was close when he saw them asked them to move their vehicle not far from where it was. It was a mistake not to walk around their vehicle to see if it had an appropriate tag or to ask if it had one before asking them to move and for that I apologized multiple times. We meant no disrespect. I know if this gentleman said they had proper tags when asked to move Charles would have not made them move. While Charles heart was in the right place he apologized for his mistake as well.

Reviewed 23 April 2021

The cancellation policy with this property is horribly rigid. Don't have an emergency or change of plans less than 3 weeks out or they just take your deposit.

They "might" reschedule you for a fee if "the owner decides to allow it"and they can rebook it. Otherwise nothing. Just be aware of that when planning your trips.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank davidbA8972OG
Michele Kraft-DeBlois, Owner at Forrest Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2021

We are so sorry you were made to feel that way. It is our policy not to offer refunds within 2 days of arrival due to the anticipation of rain. We try to work with our guests whenever possible. We always offer a reschedule when all nights are resold and sometimes a refund depending on the type of accommodation as some are easier to reschedule than others. Booking directly with our property also makes it easier to offer more options.

Reviewed 6 April 2021

If you are looking for a quiet escape from your busy life, this place is it. It is not new or fancy but it is clean and peaceful. The simplicity of this place is what makes it nice. We were in the Bear Den and never heard a single soul the two days we were there. The towels were fluffy, the bed comfortable, the shower clean - what more do you want. The only negatives were the expense of the restaurant and the horseback ride. The food at the lovely restaurant was delicious but it was crazy expensive much like a gourmet restaurant in Atlanta. The horseback ride was the most disappointing part of our trip. It is the reason we chose this place but in fairness to Forrest Hills, I don't think they own Forrest Hills Corral. All in all, nice place FANTASTIC for a church retreat or business retreat.

1  Thank TheGardeningGoddess
Michele Kraft-DeBlois, Owner at Forrest Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2021

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!

You are correct in that we do not own or manage the corral but sorry to hear things did not go well. They are typically very good but perhaps got overwhelmed during such a busy spring break.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2021

I hate the leave negative feedback, but I booked this resort based on the reviews and my husband and we did not enjoy our time there so I felt it was important to share our experience.
If you are looking for a cabin in the woods (no views), with old bedding, uncomfortable furniture and zero housekeeping (due to COVID concerns on behalf of the staff) then this is your place. Don't get me wrong, some people may truly enjoy and that's great!
The staff was not friendly, the kitchen staff had no idea what they were doing, there are no taxis, ubers, lyfts..etc. in the area so if you want to go downtown, wine tasting, etc. you need to hire a driver. These roads are curvy, no lighting at night....dangerous.
Upon arrival we started to make our bed but found two large black hairs in it. Called down to front desk and asked if we could just have an extra set of sheets. We were told to come down to the office and get them ourselves.....first issue.
On the second day we found what could only be described as "crud" in the hot tub. We pulled the peices out but were really grossed out so we called the front desk to ask if they would come take a look/sanitize it for us. They acted extremely put out and weren't sure if they could "legally" enter the cabin due to COVID. We assured them we felt safe and wanted to be able to use the hot tub as it was the only redeeming part of this resort. We were away for the day but we were told this issue was resolved and the tub did look clean. We did not re-enter, however......felt icky.
On the last day of our stay we woke to terrible weather. Without a hot tub, without a place to eat lunch on the resort (just open on weekends) we felt at a loss. We ended up leaving that morning, losing a lot of money and feeling dissapointed with our choice of accomodations.
That said, a lot of people on here seemed really happy and that's awesome. Bottom line, if you like nice (4-5 star accomodations) this is not your place. We did stay in two other GA hotels on our way to and from Forrest Hills and received excellent housekeeping service so I'm not sure if the COVID policy only applied to this resort but I am assuming so. Again, you are in the woods, there is dirt, horse poop, mud, etc. The floors of your cabin, your shower, your bed even will get dirty and housekeeping is a necessity in my opinion. I would not reccomend this to a friend nor would I return.

Date of stay: April 2021
Michele Kraft-DeBlois, Owner at Forrest Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

I am so sorry you were disappointed in any way. We normally hear that we have the friendliest staff around! Please contact me by phone or email at the resort as I would like to find out more information so I can look further into your situation. I am glad to hear they did reclean the hot tub as you requested.

Reviewed 21 December 2020

This review is based not only on my having been a guest, but also on the fact that I am a college level instructor of management and customer service for over 30 years.

The word resort can create any number of images to any given market. Often the image is not as realistic as it should be. Forest Hills is a friendly, well maintained, country-side escape. Some have described it as a place to relax and unwind. These words are indeed exactly accurate. Also, to be fair, as it is in the country you should be sure to have good boots (hiking boots) or sturdy sneakers. There will also be critters about, large, and small. Yes, this includes creepy little critters. Come on get real, okay? This place is in the forest! What are you expecting Disney World?

My wife and I stayed in a cabin and we found it to be reasonably clean (a few cobwebs under bed and a backed-up bathroom sink), and in general our cabin was both cozy and pleasant. My wife is a VERY fussy sleeper, and her assessment was that the bed was particularly good, the sheets and pillows were soft. It afforded her good night’s rest. I was pleased with the look and feel of the bathroom and shower. The staff was outgoing, willing to answer questions and to assist in any way. When I asked for suggestions or recommendations, I was given good advice. Do take advantage of the activities that are offered by the resort. In addition, try to drive around the area as there are a lot of locations worth your time.

Our cabin had a wood burning fireplace. The resort offers any number of other accommodations without wood burners that will suit you. My suggestion is that you talk with the representative when you call and tell them what you are looking for. I feel confident they will try to match your interests with their various accommodation styles.

I made it a point to make several visits to the office or engage staff in conversations. This was on purpose to gauge their degree of customer centeredness. While I was rather chatty at times, I never felt I was being rushed away, even when other customers came in or a phone rang. Everyone was able to balance the business of the day with letting the customer know they were appreciated. It was noted that staff appeared to take a professional and caring approach to all animals on their property. The only downside we found was that GPS can be spotty at times. Please be wise and have written directions (or map) for times you venture off site so you can always have a back-up plan to get you to your destination and back on site. Main office was of help to us and I am sure they will be very helpful to you.

One important thing to ask of you – please drive slowly around the property!! There are young human critters running about (of course), there are cats around and a small group of free-range chickens, not to mention the usual woodland creatures one could expect in summer, spring, or autumn. Remember the forest is where they live day in and day out – you are just visiting their back yard!

Overall, high marks to the owners and staff of Forrest Hills. We plan to come back in the spring.

Date of stay: December 2020