2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$139
View deal
Booking.comUS$159
Hotels.comUS$139
PricelineUS$159
FindHotelUS$159
Orbitz.comUS$139
TravelocityUS$139
All reviews fried chicken carriage house strawberry shortcake green beans served family style all you can eat town square pot roast cornbread mine shaft within walking distance rocking chairs southern food north georgia historic inn gold mine downtown dahlonega
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2021

The restaurant had limited hours of service, open Thurs.-Sun. 11-3pm. Plenty of food for 4 of us, all adults. We were allowed and encouraged to take remaining food home with us. Quality was good with fried chicken and country fried steak w gravy, green beans, a little overdone, mashed potatoes which did not have much taste and I think were packaged ones, butter beans , fried okra which was excellent and delicious squash relish which they sell in the gift shop.

Reviewed 7 September 2021 via mobile

We got the last room available for Labor Day weekend. Absolutely loved the new building with cute balcony super close to town. We walked to dinner both nights. They even had a wine opener they gave us for the wine we had bought that day. They weren’t cleaning rooms because of COVID but would leave fresh towels. I’m not sure why anyone is complaining about that since we have stayed in several places during COVID and that is the norm.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank birds55
Reviewed 4 September 2021 via mobile

There was no wait to get into the restaurant, that should have been our first clue. The service was great. The fried chicken was dry and overcooked, All of the vegetables were cold and tasteless. The strawberry shortcake was dry but had a good taste. Our party of 4 was VERY disappointed and will not be back.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 970pattiep
Reviewed 20 June 2021 via mobile

I’d love to rate the Smith House higher but unfortunately we cannot. We reserved room 6 in the original building (see confirmation pictures) but when we checked in were placed in room 38 in the new building. I see in previous reviews that the ‘owner’ answered the reviewer and said they should have gone to the front desk and asked for it to be made right. We did that. I asked for the room I paid for and was told it was not available. I then asked could we have any other room because the room we were given was very small with the smallest window I’ve ever seen. It was similar to a dorm room. The small room was clean but that is all I can say for it. There is no air conditioning in the bathroom unless you leave the door open and no wants that.
I would not recommend this hotel if you think you are going to get what you paid for because you are not.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank GeorgiaBucketList
Freida Bafile, General Manager at The Smith House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

I have communicated with you via email about the situation. Room 6 is a more economical room with a queen bed in our historic part of the building. When a room in our new lodge came available, we wanted to upgrade you to a king suite at no extra charge. As of the confirmation we send out upon booking, room numbers are not guaranteed until check-in. Unfortunately we were not able to move you since we were 100% occupied on the night you stayed with us.

Reviewed 10 June 2021

Travel to eat at the Smith House regularly. Due to COVID, the serving has transformed from "Family Style-All You Can Eat" to private tables and plenty of food brought out to you. The change from All You Can is relayed to you verbally when you pay in advance for the food. Also, there is a large sign at the cashier's desk informing everyone of the change......PLUS....there are signs on the table stating "No Refills". Great price, great food, more than generous portions, and a fun atmosphere

Date of stay: June 2021