Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Gold Mining

This was a cool experience. We went gold mining and on a tour. Our guide, Miner Dee, was very... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
okulisz
Doraville, Georgia
Fun and educational for the whole family

Exploring the mine and learning the history behind it and how the miners worked was great. Miner... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Traveler1218933222
via mobile

1,120 results
All reviews gold mine our tour guide gem mining minute tour great tour all ages gem bucket a lot of fun gift shop fun experience rainy day take home underground panning gems jason jewelry
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

This took me by surprise I did not expect what I saw totally fascinating if you're definitely in the area I must go to and even try the panning for gold that's pretty amazing very good educational trip well worth the money

Reviewed 29 March 2021

Looking up through the hole at surface level from underground was beautiful! Miner Mason went out of his way to make my anniversary surprise really special and helped me present my gift to my husband by pulling it out of a dynamite hole and pretending he discovered a rare find! Everyone there was asking to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. The tour was so interesting and we all found gold while panning. I highly recommend this place!

1  Thank Maisy B
Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

A great stop on a rainy day: we purchased tickets for the gold mine tour, which comes with tokens you can use to pan for good afterward. Then you can additionally purchase a bucket to sift through for gem stones. The tour was very interesting — we walked through the mine 200 feet underground and were able to see tools used at different times, from hand tools, to drills. We learned about how hard the work was, how dynamite was used, and we experienced the deep darkness for a moment when they turned out the lights, then showed us what it would have looked like down there with only candlelight. There were lots of families with small children on the tour and the guide was very good with all ages. Panning for good was fun, but it seems you’ll only end up with a couple small flecks no matter how hard you work at it. Nevertheless, they put the flecks in a little tube you can take home. The kids really liked the gem bucket — they ended up with baggies full of various colorful gems. A great way to spend the day when everything else was rained out — adults and children alike were well entertained.

Reviewed 25 March 2021

I researched mines in the area and this had pretty high reviews and I saw a lot of people found semi precious gems. We did this with our teens and they loved it. Frankly, I loved it too!

It was really fun. There were 5 of us so we got the $100 bucket. We found TONS of stones. Ruby's, Emeralds, all kinds of stuff.

After you finish you can have them look over what you found. They sort the items that could be made into jewelry and even have a jeweler on site. I wish we would have left some things with them to be made into jewelry but we took everything home.

On another trip we will probably bring some stones back to them and at least have them cut and polished.

1  Thank Floridabeacbum
Reviewed 24 March 2021 via mobile

This was a really fun experience. We panned for gold and toured the old mine. Everyone had a great time!

1  Thank krissybee1979