“Disappointed”

Mystic Grill
Ranked #2 of 154 Restaurants in Covington
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ATLANTA FOOD CRITIC 10/30/2015 “Readers, culinary excellence can be found OTP (outside the perimeter.) Venture outside the box and make your way to the Mystic Grill. The ambience is excellent, the food is stunning and the service is awesome. We had a great time and plan to return often. Guten appetit!” ONE OF A KIND RESTAURANT Inspired by two communities: the family and fans of The Vampire Diaries and the small town community we call home. The television series, filmed here in Covington, inspired partners John & Angi Beszborn and Ronnie & Kelley Johnston to bring the on screen restaurant to life. WHAT WE DO Through highlighting local farmers and hiring locally, our vision is to create a restaurant that will not only provide the Covington community with incredible food, service, and atmosphere, but also foster sustainability and local growth. Chef-driven, we provide southern food with an upscale and fun twist. OTHER REVIEWS GEORGIA TOURISM, 100 PLATES LOCALS LOVE, 2015 Sweet Potato Shrimp Fritters, Mystic Grill, Covington. This dish has a crispy crust and tender middle that will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My daughter and I ate there on Sunday afternoon. The waitress was great very friendly. We placed our order and after about 30 minutes the waitress comes out and says I will check on your order not sure what’s taking so long but it should be out soon. So 15 minutes later which is now 45 minutes from the original order she says there was a big party and they got behind. Well then two tables that ordered after us got their food before ours. I told the waitress can I please speak to the manager. 58 minutes from the original order the what I assume was the manager brings our food. And she acted like she could careless about what I had to say. Said well we will try and do better next time and walked away. So if you see a big party when you arrive do not plan on eating anytime soon and do not expect a manager to care.

Date of visit: February 2021
MysticGrill2, Marketing at Mystic Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you for letting us know Jay. We appreciate the feedback and I hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in town.

Write a reviewReviews (746)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Did we come here for our teenager and her friend due to their obsession with TVD? Yes we did. Did we expect the absolute deliciousness of every single thing!? No, but what an amazing surprise!! The chicken Mac & cheese was one of the best things I’ve ever tasted! The burgers were fantastic & the fries were unique & so, so good. The service was great too. Can’t recommend this high enough!

Date of visit: February 2021

Thank you so much Carole! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a lunch a date 1/5/21 and some VD stories. AMAZING food, drinks and service by Christina P. The Clocktower Burger was HUGE and DELICIOUS! Best fried green tomatoes I ate on my small trip to GA. Turtle cheescake was very creamy. & The Purple Goat was OUR FAVORITE drink. Will definitely come back someday! Thanks for a great date!

Date of visit: January 2021

Thank you so much Natasha!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Only reason I gave 3 stars is because the adults beverage I had the purple goat was very good! The food is less than average.

Date of visit: January 2021

We appreciate the feedback! Thank you Deberrynp.

Reviewed 4 January 2021 via mobile

They have really delicious food. Although they have a smaller selection, it did not disappoint! The sweet tea fried chicken was juicy, yet crispy, and very flavorful. It’s topped with a gravy that made it even better. It comes over mashed potatoes and served with fresh green beans. Also, it’s a huge portion. My husband got the clocktower burger and really enjoyed it. I was a little disappointed that neither the kid mac and cheese nor the pasta came with a side. It wasn’t terribly priced, but higher than the norm-mainly the kid meals. They were $6 for just a small bowl of mac and cheese. My teenage daughter wanted to come to the Covington square to check out everything from The Vampire Diaries. I don’t watch the show, but she loved seeing it in person. Although it’s not filmed inside the restaurant, they have lots of neat stuff inside. Our waitress was awesome and told us where to see certain things. You can also get a map to do a self guided tour. Make sure to check out the alley downstairs. It’s a neat gift shop with a small Vampire Diary museum. If you eat first they’ll give you a 10% off coupon. Overall, it was a wonderful experience with awesome food and service. Just be prepared to wait if you go on the weekend!

Date of visit: January 2021

Thank you so much for the review. We hope to see you again.