“Simply great food!”

Ranked #24 of 577 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Locally Owned and Operated. Come and enjoy a unique experience in a relaxed atmosphere and enjoy the best Mediterranean and Italian cuisine Columbus has to offer. We use only the freshest ingredients to prepare appetizers, entrees, breads and desserts for you. Fresh baked home made pita bread with Olive Oil & Herbs will entice your appetite while you await your main course. Pizza’s baked in our deck oven and Steaks, Chicken and Fish cooked to order and the aroma of spices in the air will give you a memorable Mediterranean dining experience.
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have enjoyed each meal here. We recently tried the off the menu tomato basil soup. It was wonderful! My wife loves the Haratki salad and I Love the arugula salad. The service is 5 . The cost is very reasonable.

Farid_Nia, Owner at Wood Stone Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review, your feedback is important to us. You named 2 of my favorites, people love the tomatoes basil soup. Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We are here now and I have to say, the food is very good. You get a lot of food for the price. I got the gyro and I could not finish it all because it was a big portion. Our waiter Jacob was very attentive. I will be coming back here more than once.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We eat here often and love their pizza, hummus, pastas and the service is always good. It is closed on Mondays so beware. They also offer a buffet during lunch on open days.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I've traveled to Columbus three times now, always to attend events at Fort Benning, and with each visit I come to appreciate it more. Look past the chain restaurants and you find surprising depth to the food scene. Wood Stone is an example of that depth.

On the eve of my son's graduation from Ranger school, we wanted a quality meal at a fair price in a relaxed but "nice" atmosphere. Did a little research and Wood Stone intrigued me. Location was easy-access and while the exterior is run-of-the-mill, the interior immediately draws you in. Great balance here in that it can work for families, date night, a solo drink & meal, large group of friends. The restaurant manages to have an energy & vibe while still being soothing.

Our server was slightly harried, having just had to divvy up a bill a dozen ways for a large party, but he did a fine job. Once the food was served, we were even more assured that we'd made a good choice. All else aside, the portions are *very* generous. Let's put it this way: my Ranger grad was well-satisfied at the end of the meal. 'nuff said!

Parmesan zeppole appetizer was spot on. Fantastic lasagna. Absolutely loved the fattoush salad ~ handmade to order. Wine list could use some attention, but it does the trick. Enjoyed the tiramisu, too.

As we were finishing up our meal, we had a nice chat with the father/daughter owners. Fun people with interesting stories; I really wanted to share a couple hours & bottles of wine with them! Also interesting to me was our "Wood Stone" connection, as the Wood Stone Oven Company is in our backyard of Bellingham.

Long review, and the bottom line is one of the increasing number of commendable restaurants in Columbus. All credit to the ownership & staff!

Farid_Nia, Owner at Wood Stone Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you so very much for taking time to write your review! We get so much encouragement for your words, and take the things that need attention to heart! I am the wife / mother of the two you spoke with, and hate that I wasn't there as well. I actually knew who you were instantly as my family had shared with me what a joy it was to visit with you and your son! When you dine with us it feels like "company" rather than "customers!" We hope that when you are in town again that I have the pleasure of meeting you as well. A special thanks for your families sacrifice and your sons service to this great country of ours. We love our military members! Also, thanks again for the kind review, and Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

An amazing fine dining restaurant which can be enjoyed by those dressed a little more casually than most fine dining restaurants. Fine linen table cloths and napkins on the floor tables and regular booths around the edge of the room. People were dressed in business casual.

We had the lunch buffet. The word buffet does not do this fine dining "spread" justice. It is an all you can eat buffet and several of us enjoyed seconds.

Buffet/Spread: A salad bar with all the regular fixings. Main dishes when we were there: rice with curry; cauliflower with curry; spaghetti; a fancy chicken with cream dish; a fancy meat dish; and pizza. A dessert bar with sopapillas, cookies and a cheesecake type chocolate piece that melts in your mouth. Everything was wonderfully delicious!

The atmosphere was perfect for our graduation celebration meal. Our waiter was professional, friendly and keenly aware of our need for more water. Impeccable restaurant that is highly recommended!

Farid_Nia, Owner at Wood Stone Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant, we take great pride to provide good food and atmosphere for our customers. We are glad you had good a experience. Hope to see you soon

Been to Wood Stone Restaurant? Share your experiences!