“severe decline”
Review of Agan's Bakery

Agan's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Cartersville
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I have been going to this bakery for as long as I can remember. The doghnuts used to be melt in your mouth and everything tasted as if it had just come out of the oven. There was no other bakery in comparison! Now, sadly, every time I visit, the doughnuts, cakes, cookies, pastries all taste a day old at best. The doughnuts are no longer light and fluffy on a good day. This morning, I got a filled doughnut and two gingerbread men. (I have always loved their gingerbread!) I could not even eat the doughtnut. It was think, dry and hard. The gingerbread men were half the size as normal (but not half price of course!) and dried out. The selection of delacacies was slim to pitiful. It appeared they had baked some fresh cookies, but none of them were in the display. The goddies just keep getting worse and worse. It was a sad realization that would be my last trip to somewhere I have enjoyed over 40 years.

1  Thank Cathy P

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Long established small town bakery. Never purchased anything from them that wasn't top quality. Love their Christmas fruitcakes!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I haven't been there for a long time, I decided to go and get some cookies. I always liked the peanut butter cookies great tasting cookies.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

No matter where I go, I always like to try out local shops and restaurants, which downtown Cartersville is full of some really good places to do both. What I love most about Agan's is that it's a local, mom-and-pop bakery that's been on Main Street for . . . well . . . ever. Nice people and a decent bakery, and I think it's well worth trying.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Stop by before any holiday and you will see a line of loyal customers waiting to buy rolls and cookies to take to their family gatherings. Can't beat their great service. Wonderful part of a great community.