“Good lunch”

Masseria Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Blue Ridge
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Casual Counter Service. Full Bar.
Description: Casual Counter Service. Full Bar.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The first time I tried to find this place, things got confusing, not knowing that it is on the back side of the building, so my friend and I decided to go somewhere else. Also, Google maps shows the location being about 10 miles away from where it actually is. Later I determined where it actually is and returned for lunch on my next visit with my mom. We enjoyed our lunch. I thought my pizza was average, but she loved her chicken parm sandwich, which came with a delicious side salad. I had a vodka strawberry lemonade and she had their local drink, and both were good. The outside seating area was nice. As others have mentioned, this is a casual dining spot where you are not waited on. You order your food at the counter and it is brought out to you but otherwise you’re on your own, which is explained on the wall when you walk in. I’d likely return here.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just a random stop in for a quick bite in the middle of the day turned into so much more. The Chicken Parmesan sandwich that we ordered to share did not last long. The friendly staff along with great service and flavorful food makes this place a pleasing visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to visit in Blue Ridge and originally went to The Harvest resturant but the didnt have available tables. So they recommended this place. As soon as you walk in they tell you you have to walk back up to the front to order your food once you sit down. You also have to help make your own drink, water or tea. Once you order don't expect anyone to keep refilling your drinks or even check to see if you're doing okay, because there are NO waitresses or waiters. The food was not good at all and they don't have any salad dressing other than a nasty balsamic dressing. We will NEVER go back there again.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Wife and I came here for dinner March 5th, 2018 around 5pm.

Cool looking place, very hip with inside and an outside seating area.

This is basically a self serve place, but not a buffet. You walk in go to the greeter station and place your order. They bring the food out to you but after that you're kind of on your own for refilling drinks, etc.

The food was really good. I had the spaghetti and meatballs which were very Mediterranean and delicious. Plate is kind of small so I you have a huge appetite you may wish to get an appetizer. The plates do come with some toasted basil bread sticks, also very good.

My wife had the pasta primavera and I tried it also, very exquisite flavor, ingredients were a perfect blend.

Both dishes were in the $13 range, which seems to be the average price for downtown eateries.

The whole self serve thing is great if you don't like servers hovering over you, but seems like they shouldn't be wanting tips when you do half their job. Not really a complaint, more of an observance. Staff were all very polite and professional.

5 stars for food and staff, 3 stars for "self-service" so a 4 overall.

Will definitely return.

1  Thank William D
Reviewed March 1, 2018

Every experience at the Masseria has been excellent! The menu is fantastic and evolving as needed. Fresh ingredients are used here!