“Fun but costly”

Lake Blue Ridge Marina Boat Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: This full service marina offers everything one needs to "get away from it all" and enjoy the vacation of a lifetime! At the marina you can rent a pontoon boat, launch your own craft, gas up at the gas dock, get your supplies for a great day on the lake at the store or just browse the showroom and pick out your favorite water craft for the experience of a life time.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My mom and I visit Blue Ridge yearly for a week. On our visit last year, we learned that you could rent paddle boats at the marina, and we have been excited since then and made plans to do this first thing on this year’s trip. I was more than a little surprised as I signed the agreement to learn that it costs $70 to rent it for 2 hours. I mean, you pedal the boat yourself, there’s no motor or gas, and it takes very little maintenance. But we were excited so we kept going. When we got to the dock to have the guy get us situated and he learned that we rented the paddle boat, he said “well I’m going to put you in a canoe”. Huh? Don’t get me wrong- the guy was nice, but he kept trying to persuade us to use a canoe and said that he didn’t even know they were still renting the paddle boats. He told us we’d only make it to the buoy and would get too tired and have to return. We stood our ground, though I admit I had doubts because he made it sound so bad. But we had a fantastic time on the paddle boat!! We explored the coves on the side of the dock that he pointed out to us and we relaxed some out on the quiet water. We got plenty of exercise and enjoyed it. We would love to return again on our trip but no way are we paying the $70 a second time. But we did do some research on purchasing our own paddle boat! :)

All reviews
"family vacation"
"renting"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Great dockside bar and grill one of my favorite places to go in the summer. The owners and family have done a great job building this tiki bar it reminds me of the bars in the Florida keys. Awesome job can't wait for it to reopen this year.

1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Wow, Lake Blue Ridge is gorgeous and beautiful. The marina is a gorgeous and beautiful building. You can buy anything you need to get for fishing. The boat docks are numerous and boat ramps available.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We go to the Lake Blue Ridge Marina Boatdock Bar and Grill frequently after kayaking with friends but it’s fun to go anytime. They have a full bar with exotic specials on holidays. Food is good and includes many options of their smoked ribs, pulled pork and chicken. Seating is under the original covered area or on the expanded patio with umbrellas so if you need to limit sun exposure you will be fine. Cover ups are appropriate over wet swimsuits. I have only been in warm weather so I don’t know what they do for winter.
As for the boat launch, for kayakers it’s too expensive so we put in at other lake boat ramps.