“Very comfortable place”

Kez's Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 166 Restaurants in Batam Center
Cuisines: French, Japanese
Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

At first we wanted to get some bread then we realized the restaurant is also good. Nice promotion for cocktails, delicious foods and super friendly staff. Very recommended for chillaxing in Batam.

There are newer reviews for Kez's Bakery and Restaurant

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

The cake and bread delicious, the menu is a lot of choice for fresh drink, my vaf is rose Sandy and Manhattan, I call it rose Sandy in Manhattan, simple beer, but taste good, the cocktail have a lot of kind for choose!

Reviewed May 3, 2016

I brought my visiting friends there last night. I ordered a Prawn Aglio Olio Spaghetti. That was the weirdest spaghetti I have ever tasted. There's alot lemongrass alike in the dish and I had to spend my entire meal picking it out of my mouth.

What I'm most unhappy about is, despite choosing prawn as my choice of option, when my plate is served, there was no prawn. The staff told me they had run out of prawn and asked if I wanted anything else.

I asked if he could add the chicken in. He came back and told me they couldn't do that. The chef could have at least inform the staff knowing they had run out of prawn and asked me if I wanted to add chicken (that was on the option menu)prior cooking it. Why inform me only after you have serve the dish?

My friends ordered a salmon cream spaghetti & another spaghetti dish ( cant remember the full name on the menu) The salmon spaghetti cream is too thick and my friend got really sick of the dish and don't even bother finish the dish. Food tasted so average, Debottle serves even better spaghetti.

I wouldn't come back again.

Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

Coming to this place several times and tried both their cakes and pasta.
Their mushroom sauce is creamy and the taste's great.
I always try their cakes and never dissapoint me. I love their cheesecakes variation and the green tea is the the best.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

When I checked tripadvisor in late January before our visit Kez's bakery was listed in the top 5 restaurants (checked ranking quite a few times, so I'm not mistaken) - now when I log into tripadvisor to write this review (1 week later) it's listed as #26! Can't imagine how the tripadvisor ranking changed so suddenly (?) Anyway wish we could have seen this new ranking before we visited Batam - because it definitely isn't a top 5 restaurant in Batam.

We visited for dinner on a Friday - only a couple of other people were there in the restaurant. There was open layout of breads, pastries and a few cakes - didn't look anything special so we didn't try them and decided to go straight for the menu.

Ordered a risotto and a chicken dish. The risotto was ok, the chicken wasn't even ok. Chicken was either not cooked enough or had been in the fridge and just been mirowaved. We also ordered a couple of drinks and the dessert of the day (Japanese stones). The dessert was also disappointing. After having read some good review in tripadvisor we decided to try at least one more dish and got a slice of cake to go. This was actually decent - nothing to rave about but much better than the other dishes we had at Kez. Overall everything cost us nearly 50 singapore dollars (after conversion) - this was way too pricey when looking at all the other delicious food we tried in Batam at much better prices. Maybe we should have just kept to trying the cakes and other bakery items...

The staff were friendly and helpful. The setting in the restaurant was quite nice as well.